Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Count the mods

Go down

Count the mods Empty Count the mods

Post  Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Here's mine, Man I love this thing!

Count the mods BRP098

Count the mods BRP027

Count the mods Cedarville8_08006

Back to top Go down

Count the mods Empty Giant Loop

Post  Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:03 pm

Do you leave the giant loop on all the time? I see one of the pictures posted has something on the back, but I can't tell if it is the loop folded up or something different.

Back to top Go down

Count the mods Empty Re: Count the mods

Post  Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:26 pm

mamacone wrote:Do you leave the giant loop on all the time? I see one of the pictures posted has something on the back, but I can't tell if it is the loop folded up or something different.

I plan to leave it on all the time, it flattens down quite nice and is not in the way and doesn't weigh much. I will keep my tool roll-up in the center right on top of the rear fender. The straps will cinch down and keep it secure.

Back to top Go down

Count the mods Empty Loop

Post  Focker Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:23 pm

Are you worried that you might rip off the side plastics in the event of a crash? I've seen your pics with the bikes on their sides...Any issues?
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:35 pm

FOCKER wrote:Are you worried that you might rip off the side plastics in the event of a crash? I've seen your pics with the bikes on their sides...Any issues?

Crashes are what they are, plastics are cheap. So far everything has held up fine. Rack systems suck, and hard cases break legs. No worries here. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:07 pm

I'm leaning to the Giant Loop as well. I picture a lay down on the left side WAY out in the desert where the bag rips the left side cover off, leaving me with a open air box. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. How hard is it to service the air cleaner with the bag installed?

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:18 am

Hodakaguy wrote:I'm leaning to the Giant Loop as well. I picture a lay down on the left side WAY out in the desert where the bag rips the left side cover off, leaving me with a open air box. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. How hard is it to service the air cleaner with the bag installed?

Hodakaguy

Tough but I can get to the fasteners with it on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:00 am

Talked to Focker a little while ago (It's pretty easy since he lives about 50' across the street), anyways....i was wondering if you could replace the two bolts for the side panels with heavy duty metal snaps. The bag would still be bolted solid on the rear fender but you could un-snap the sides to get to the air filter. Plus if you crashed the bag would snap free instead of possibly damaging the air box lid. Hmmmmm. Just and Idea.

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:44 am

Hodakaguy wrote:Talked to Focker a little while ago (It's pretty easy since he lives about 50' across the street), anyways....i was wondering if you could replace the two bolts for the side panels with heavy duty metal snaps. The bag would still be bolted solid on the rear fender but you could un-snap the sides to get to the air filter. Plus if you crashed the bag would snap free instead of possibly damaging the air box lid. Hmmmmm. Just and Idea.

Hodakaguy

Great minds think alike, I had that same thought before I crashed. Something to tinker with while I'm off work and hobbling around on crutches. Count the mods Sick003

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:02 am

Man, That sucks. Get healed up soon. Summer is almost here! I wish.....

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

Count the mods Empty count the mods

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:05 am

stroupdog wrote:Here's mine, Man I love this thing!
Magickennyj here is some of mine, the gas tank is Ausse made by Aqualine.

Count the mods Dsc00212

Count the mods Dsc00213

Count the mods Dsc00214

Count the mods Dsc00215

Count the mods Dsc00216

Count the mods Dsc00217

Count the mods Dsc00218

Count the mods Dsc00219

Count the mods Dsc00220

Count the mods Dsc00221

Count the mods Dsc00212

Count the mods Dsc00213