Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need input on the condition of my engine

Go down

Need input on the condition of my engine Empty Need input on the condition of my engine

Post  Guest Sat May 22, 2010 1:04 am

My friends dad deals with engines and says mines about to go. I took a video of the idle to share here for more input. Please help!

Back to top Go down

Need input on the condition of my engine Empty Re: Need input on the condition of my engine

Post  Guest Sat May 22, 2010 6:50 am

Have you checked the valve lash for proper clearance/adjustment? Sound like the valves might not be at their proper adjustment.

Back to top Go down

Need input on the condition of my engine Empty Re: Need input on the condition of my engine

Post  Guest Sat May 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Just adjusted them, I might be a little off, since it is my first time. Wanted to know what other reasons it might be. But the problem does seem to be in the head and not in the piston right?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 3:52 am

Did you check the adjustment on the compression release?

Back to top Go down

Need input on the condition of my engine Empty Have you done any work to it lately?

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Have you been inside anything? I'd pull off the side covers just because it's an easy check. It sounds a little high pitched to be down low in the engine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 24, 2010 2:50 am

I redid the valves and sounds much quieter. Ill post a second video

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Yo Agent K,

An improvement on the operation your engine? working on it

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down