Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossing borders of 2 countries.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Empty Re: Crossing borders of 2 countries.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:25 pm

So its more like a toll for the roads. Got it. We have something similar on certain roads.
Yup...Providing a smooth journey for all.
Aj, great write up. I like reading about your adventure and seeing the great pictures.

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Lta_logo
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Singgov_logo
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Spacer

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 H_motor1Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 H_motor2
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_corpinfo1Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_proj1Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_motor_rollover1Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_road1Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_public1
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_dbc_regulations

Back to top Go down

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Empty Re: Crossing borders of 2 countries.

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Dave P wrote:Excellent stuff, AJ!

Singapore is definitely on my list of "must see" places.

Are there any bike rentals available?

Dave

Hey dude..thanks...

Singapore has got no bike rentals....you can fly to Phuket,Thailand...there have many places to rent bikes...all sort of them....from small cc,to big ones....like Africa Twin,Transalp,KLE,etc...then you can do your tour from there...

If you happen to dropby in Singapore,I will be glad to show you some best riding grounds...but basically,none... lol!

Most of the best places to ride is across the border...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:14 pm

ooweel wrote:Excuse my ignorance! BUT?

What's with the excellent English skills? U seem to either have had a good education and or ??? What's the deal?

Just Curious????????????

Schools?TV?Books?other's ride report?

shrug

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:05 pm

Doug wrote:So its more like a toll for the roads. Got it. We have something similar on certain roads.
Yup...Providing a smooth journey for all.
Aj, great write up. I like reading about your adventure and seeing the great pictures.

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Lta_logo
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Singgov_logo
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Spacer

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 H_motor1Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 H_motor2
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_corpinfo1Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_proj1Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_motor_rollover1Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_road1Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_public1
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 But_dbc_regulations

Hey thanks man...yup....
but on the other hand,this thing will still did'nt really smooth the journey...infact,it cramps up on the small roads when others bypass the usual highway to save that extra cost to avoid it...and us riders,no matter what,still at the loosing end... Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:52 pm

alittle continuation from where we left off.....

Just before sleep,upload some photos to the lappy,while watching some MTVs...
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride169

Slept a little early that night due to the tiredness of riding earlier in the day.

I can't recall the time i woke up the next day,but it's in time to catch the morning sunrise.
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride138-1

This is Lamai Beach...just behind the resort i was staying...
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride144-1

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride141-1

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride139-1

I went out for breakfast after shower,and did alittle scouting at the Southern part of the Island..
Everythg is fresh to me...with the aid of the Island Map,whatever ahead is still unpredictable...
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride154-1

Soon,i found myself at a secluded fisherman beach..
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride164-1

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride175-1

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride166-1

Checking on my super "high-tech" navigation system for directions again.. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:10 pm

From the fisherman beach,i rode to some route that's not even visible on the Island map...as some of this roads are not even fit to call it,road...

The road i was taking,leading to endless route...that soon turn into dirt-road...and somehow,i felt that i am travelling upwards and to a higher altitude...
At this point,these are like those jeep tracks..
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride176-1

And few more kilos from here,i think i've gone beyond the route that no one have gone...or maybe there is...it kept leading upwards and upwards...oh gosh...i'm begining to worry myself...
From this picture,i have gone through many bending uphills,with loose gravel and rocks like this...now,i am facing downwards taking this photo just incase something bad happens,someone might found my camera...and hopefully it will be useful... What a Face
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride177-1
Now,i run down to take from another angle downhill facing up...just doing some detective job... naughty
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride178-1
It just don't end there...the hills got even trickier after this point and more steep and singlepath that i don't have the guts or the right mind to snap anymore photos...

Somehow...it all pays out...
The results,is far fulfilling...
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride189-2
I'm amazed....the scenic view...it's so spectacular...i think the camera did'nt really do a good job...
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride182

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride153-1

The actual thing is more relax and breathtaking than what you see here...It's "more than meets the eye"... cyclops
Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Soloride192-2

To be continued..... cheers

Back to top Go down

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Empty Keep it up!

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:32 pm

You live in a very beautiful place in the world! Is fuel an issue do you keep the tank always full or is it available everywhere?

00weel

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:02 am

hi...the large fuel tank is mostly just for the looks...i just like it big...riding the bike long distance,it's just for self assuarance that you have plenty of fuel in the tank and also riding something big rather than those regular dirtbike size...
And when i do trails or anywhere that i have crashed the bike,i think the tank have saved the radiator or the bike from severe damage....
I think you need to use this tank to personally know what's the best bit of it.

I know you are thinking that why would i need a big tank in a small country with many petrol station available anywhere...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:05 am

AJsgp wrote:Hey dude..thanks...

Singapore has got no bike rentals....you can fly to Phuket,Thailand...there have many places to rent bikes...all sort of them....from small cc,to big ones....like Africa Twin,Transalp,KLE,etc...then you can do your tour from there...

If you happen to dropby in Singapore,I will be glad to show you some best riding grounds...but basically,none... lol!

Most of the best places to ride is across the border...

Thanks, man. I appreciate that!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:20 pm

thanks for sticking around in this thread...

I am leaving for my duty again...will be back in 3days...so i can continue with the episode...

At the meantime,enjoy this little video of my band performance on my wedding day....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGtrflwl6Eo

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:53 am

Thanks for the ride along AJ, DS fever truly crosses all borders!

Back to top Go down

Crossing borders of 2 countries. - Page 2 Empty I give you props for being cool.

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:02 am

You da man!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum