Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I need a brace when installing a 4.3 gal. Clarke?

Go down

Do I need a brace when installing a 4.3 gal. Clarke? Empty Do I need a brace when installing a 4.3 gal. Clarke?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 am

Hey guys, I just bought a 4.3 gal Clarke. I am wondering what the thoughts are on whether or not I should acquire a tank brace? Also if it requires a tank brace is that enough lateral impact protection to avoid a radiator brace? Also I am looking for an aluminum skid plate and frame guard for protection of rear master cylinder. Know anybody? Thanks a bunch!

Back to top Go down

Do I need a brace when installing a 4.3 gal. Clarke? Empty Re: Do I need a brace when installing a 4.3 gal. Clarke?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:48 am

The tanker brace makes the Clarke more rigid and provides additional protection for the radiators, I do not use radiator guards, at this point have not seen a need for them.

Back to top Go down

Do I need a brace when installing a 4.3 gal. Clarke? Empty Re: Do I need a brace when installing a 4.3 gal. Clarke?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:00 am

Do you have frontal protection for your rads?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:00 am

I have the Devol rad guards seem ok for stopping most direct impacts, not sure how good they are at stopping the rads from being crushed if the bike takes a heavy side fall.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Do I need a brace when installing a 4.3 gal. Clarke? Empty I use...

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:19 pm

the minimalist braces that Precision Concepts sells without any other useless stuff. Most of the "protection" causes more problems that it stop with a few exceptions like disc guards.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down