Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much original Gas tank can Hold ?

Go down

How much original Gas tank can Hold ? Empty How much original Gas tank can Hold ?

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 3:26 am

Well,
PO told me that it was on reserve so I pick her up last Friday, didn't use it until I did all the paperwork to get my license plate, so today I start thinking where I was going to install the plate, so after some though and looking and the holes PO made in the rear fender I decided to re used them and extend my plate with a little bit of an angle following the fender, I am attaching a pic so you can tell me what you think.
Well after I did the plate I took her to the gas station too fill her up and I couldn't make dawn! LOL I have to push her back home and took my car and fill up the 10 liters gas can which I put Ultra 94 12.595 Liters So I came back home and fill up my Bike tank and still have left over 4 lIters on the can so how the original tank can hold 10 liters if my was empty and hold 8 1/2 liters? please don't tell me that I pushed my bike having some gas left over on the tank!

Back to top Go down

How much original Gas tank can Hold ? Empty Re: How much original Gas tank can Hold ?

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 3:28 am

I try to upload the pic but didn't upload, don't know what happen, I guess I have to learn how to do it first!

Back to top Go down

How much original Gas tank can Hold ? Empty Re: How much original Gas tank can Hold ?

Post  Mauser Thu May 19, 2011 8:01 am

If you run out of gas lean the bike right over to the right and get the spare fuel from the left side, won't get you very far but better than pushing her. The tank don't hold a lot 10 litres including a 2 litre reserve.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 7:22 pm

Also BM,

you want to empty the tank (in that can), remove the petcock & check if all is fine there, cleanliness, the mesh still fine, and if the reserve actually works? Whilst you're at it, give the tank a good flush so you know it's clean.
Saves hassles, plus you can clean the bike underneath the tank too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 10:31 pm

Oh burp too late I fillep up last night, well I guess will be next time, I wonder how many Km I will go with a full tank this time.

BM

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 am

My point is BM, you do not know what you have (yet), I'd make sure. Quick job, saves problems.
At present, if there's rubbish in the tank, you'll run the risk of blocking jets in the carb, or flooding the thing because the needle will not close (quite a common problem). I'd rather clean my tank then the carb, but that's me Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 6:22 am

Burp I get your point, I went for a ride this afternoon in hte town, running going through the off road parks trail so police didn't see me since my bike has legally plates for the street but doesn't have any blinkers, neither brake lights etc... it is stock so I didn't know if I get pull over I would get a ticket or not so I didn't want to find out this way, anyway when I gave her throttle it will quit on my and shut off, so I guess the carburator could be dirty? Can I install a fuel filter after the tank before the carb? does any of you guys has a fuel filter?
The rear brake reservoir is on the low side should I replace the pads or add a litle bit more brake fluid and wait a little bit more? I think the pads still ok.
Well let me know your thinking.

Good night Guys!

BuRP wrote:My point is BM, you do not know what you have (yet), I'd make sure. Quick job, saves problems.
At present, if there's rubbish in the tank, you'll run the risk of blocking jets in the carb, or flooding the thing because the needle will not close (quite a common problem). I'd rather clean my tank then the carb, but that's me Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 5:10 pm

BM,

yeah, a fuelfilter I've got, buys me piece of mind - but I did even clean my new tanks, worse, I took my spanking new pumpercarb apart to check if it was clean. So now my filter will only come into play when I fill-up with some rubbish, and I change tanks fairly frequently - and when I do I clean them.
Nothing worse than getting stuck due to silly & preventable dirt.
Sounds like you should clean your carb - and tank, and thereafter add a fuelfilter. On the latter, if you can get a small paper-filter then they're best - but I could not find one here. Oh, the filter must be for 8mm fuel lines.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 22, 2011 11:52 am

Thanks that's why I am going to do

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down