Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headlight Upgrade

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Headlight Upgrade - Page 4 Empty Re: Headlight Upgrade

Post  Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:39 am

Mad Frosty wrote:C'mon send some piccies from night action  BRP smile 

asking for it asking for it Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:04 pm

I just installed a 24w 6 LED light in mine, but haven't tried it out yet. I think it may require a visor to keep the glare from oncoming traffic? It seems much brighter than the 55w halogen.

Headlight Upgrade - Page 4 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:00 pm

PeteN95 wrote:I just installed a 24w 6 LED light in mine, but haven't tried it out yet.  I think it may require a visor to keep the glare from oncoming traffic?  It seems much brighter than the 55w halogen.

No idea about how bad is the glaring from these LED's , best to test it before you take it on the road as blinding the oncoming traffic can backfire at ya  painful 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Here it is installed. Still haven't ridden in the dark, but now issues in daylight.

Headlight Upgrade - Page 4 IMG_1760_zpsd3955f6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 04, 2014 12:45 am

Yes exactly what you need for daytime riding , set of nice LED's , coz there is no way that the 55w h4 would cut it especialy if it gets little cloudy  asking for it 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Funny stuff, Frosty!? But the main reason I did it was to reduce the amp draw, so I can run my electric heated gear!  listen up 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2014 11:07 pm

razz 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:07 am

PeteN95 wrote:I just installed a 24w 6 LED light in mine, but haven't tried it out yet.  I think it may require a visor to keep the glare from oncoming traffic?  It seems much brighter than the 55w halogen.

OK, I am confused. There are two of you that have installed these kind of lights.. But these are LED right? that means DC voltage? I thought the stock stator is only AC?
How are you guys doing this please?
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:56 pm

All staters produce AC but after that some versions namely U.K./Europe and rest of the world have a rectifier behind headlight to give DC. North American versions are simpler and just have regulator and that's it listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Mauser wrote:All staters produce AC but after that some versions namely U.K./Europe and rest of the world have a rectifier behind headlight to give DC. North American versions are simpler and just have regulator and that's it listen up
Hey thank you for that. I am still confused. So the UK versions have a rectifier which changes the current to dc. But the Americans have just a regulator? What does it regulate and how would I go about installing a few of these leds? I am thinking I would get one 36 watt and one 18watt so 54 watts total.. I am thinking the bigger one (12 leds) as a "flood" and the smaller (6 leds) for a spot? Or should I go the other way around?
I see people putting 55 watt bulbs in running the stock stator. So these two lights should work right?
Thanks again for the info.
Blind

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4