Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewXR Rider

Go down

NewXR Rider Empty NewXR Rider

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:48 am

Took my annual trip to AZ to go riding, this year took my my youngest son (8 years old) and we picked up a XR70 in Denver for him, then off to AZ for his first ride. Other then hating the deep sand as much as I do (nut doesn't fall far from the tree) he had a blast and looked like he been riding for years.

NewXR Rider 2730071460057707896uOKets_th

NewXR Rider 2227507840057707896WXfFUV_th

NewXR Rider 2613802690057707896BvOAwc_th

Back to top Go down

NewXR Rider Empty Re: NewXR Rider

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:50 am

KTM,

teach them well Wink
Deep sand:
- drop tyre pressures to 'nice balloons'
- stand up
- lean back a bit
- hammer it
Geezz man, a Pig luurrrrrves sand, the more/longer the merrier ;-)
He'll outride you before you know it, you surely know that? Have fun!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 pm

I have a 8 y.o. also. He has been riding for a year and has a honda 70 too. Great pics. Isnt it awsome to see them doing what you love to do and can spend much needed time with them connecting with a common pass time? I bought my oldest boy a bike a few years ago XR100. Then my youngest boy wanted one so I got him a CRF 70. Then I taught my wife to ride and she wanted one so I bought her a CRF 150, I tried to get her to get a 230 but she said it was too heavy (she weighs 93 pounds so shes probobly right). Now Im stuck with a suzuki burgman 400 scooter and an R6 yamaha and I dont have a dirtbike. Im next but I gotta sell something first. I got my eyes on a BRP! I built a bike trailer this past spring to haul all of that red fun. Glad to see kids havin the oppertunity to ride. Good job dad. nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:44 am

BuRP wrote:KTM,

teach them well Wink
Deep sand:
- drop tyre pressures to 'nice balloons'
- stand up
- lean back a bit
- hammer it
Geezz man, a Pig luurrrrrves sand, the more/longer the merrier ;-)
He'll outride you before you know it, you surely know that? Have fun!!

Already working with him on that...I said I hate it, didn't say I didn't know how to do it... razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:46 am

T-roy 120 wrote: I have a 8 y.o. also. He has been riding for a year and has a honda 70 too. Great pics. Isnt it awsome to see them doing what you love to do and can spend much needed time with them connecting with a common pass time? I bought my oldest boy a bike a few years ago XR100. Then my youngest boy wanted one so I got him a CRF 70. Then I taught my wife to ride and she wanted one so I bought her a CRF 150, I tried to get her to get a 230 but she said it was too heavy (she weighs 93 pounds so shes probobly right). Now Im stuck with a suzuki burgman 400 scooter and an R6 yamaha and I dont have a dirtbike. Im next but I gotta sell something first. I got my eyes on a BRP! I built a bike trailer this past spring to haul all of that red fun. Glad to see kids havin the oppertunity to ride. Good job dad. nice

Thank you, if you're looking for a nice BRP...That one in the picture is for sale, 2001 with dual sport light kit on it. naughty Send me a PM on here, I'll work with you on a price and delivery. 2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:00 pm

I gotta get rid of my R6 first. No cash on hand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down