Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch issue

Go down

Clutch issue Empty Clutch issue

Post  Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:35 am

Hello everyone,
I have a 2000 650r. I was getting the bike ready for the first ride of the year. The clutch won't disengage. I have read other threads on this issue and it sounds like the bushing should/could be the problem. I bought the bike in 2010 and haven't had any problems wth the clutch up to this point. It was working fine when I parked it last fall. The cable appears to be working properly. Can this be symptomatic of any other problem? If it is the bushing, and it is seized, how difficult is it to replace. I'm going to attempt to replace the clutch plates and was wandering if I should try to look at the bushing.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Clutch issue Empty Re: Clutch issue

Post  Mauser Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Welcome there is a known problem with the clutch bush on the very early 650's, but this really only causes a problem when you sit at traffic lights with the clutch pulled in, not when your bike is stored over winter. I think the bush can dry up due to lack of oil then seize on the shaft, yours isn't this problem I am sure listen up
Did you drain the oil during storage ?, not a big job to pull the cover just have a new gasket handy as it will rip when you remove the cover....and you will swear if you don't have 1 handy beat head
If you need a manual give us a shout or just Google it, Burp will be awake soon and maybe he has some idea's without pulling the cover.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down