Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally took the plunge.

Go down

Finally took the plunge. Empty Finally took the plunge.

Post  Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:47 am

Well I have finally added a pig to farm. I have been trying to find one that was relatively local to me, street legal and at a decent price. I found an 03 that fit all of my criteria. The previous owner had back problems and decided to let it go. I went and got a tag a week or so ago and got the title in the mail yesterday. I took some pictures today and will jump through the hoops to get some posted.... at some point. I have been lurking on here and another forum learning as much as possible before hand. I need to make a list of the mod's and bling/farkle but off the top of my head are -a Baja design kit ( blinkers, keyed switch, bar switch ), XR's only rear rack, emig triple tree top, a vapor computer with an XR's only guard/mount. Its got a monster Acerbis tank with dual petcocks. I checked out a spring chart ( I go 225 w/o gear ) and will need to go up to larger springs and may look at a set of bars. Anyway I am just happy to be in the club.

Back to top Go down

Finally took the plunge. Empty Re: Finally took the plunge.

Post  Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:02 pm

Welcome.

You should upgrade your stator and shim you suspension for your different front and rear springs. It is not as hard to change your shim stacks as one would think. banana

Back to top Go down

Finally took the plunge. Empty Maybe a picture

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:19 am

I hope this works. I finally took some time to figure this outFinally took the plunge. Scaled.php?server=715&filename=toys674

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:26 am

[quote="AURORA"]Welcome.

You should upgrade your stator and shim you suspension for your different front and rear springs. It is not as hard to change your shim stacks as one would think. banana [/qu

The stator has been done and it is also uncorked. I just hit the highlights on my first post. I have read though the stuff on changing the shims on the front forks and your are right, based on the write ups it seems straight forward.

Back to top Go down

Finally took the plunge. Empty Another picture for good measure

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:33 am

Finally took the plunge. Toys672

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down