Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear tyre

Go down

rear tyre Empty rear tyre

Post  Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:27 pm

what tyre are the brits among us using on the rear got mitas co2 at the mo, dont think it will last the summer, any one tried army specials from treleborge its got a mitas name now but same tyre, ....

Back to top Go down

rear tyre Empty Re: rear tyre

Post  Mauser Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm running 1 of these....

rear tyre DSC02382

rear tyre DSC02383

rear tyre DSC02388

Would be fine if my chain was 1 link longer as its a bit tight on the shock guard.
Got 1 spare for the right price listen up it's a 130/90~18
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

rear tyre Empty tyre

Post  Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:22 am

what make is it and how much m8...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:37 am

dougyfresh wrote:what tyre are the brits among us using on the rear got mitas co2 at the mo, dont think it will last the summer, any one tried army specials from treleborge its got a mitas name now but same tyre, ....

For trail riding it would take a lot to pull me away from the Mitas C02. Even on the mighty PIG they last quite well whilst at the same time giving enough grip to haul the bike around.
I have for a long time now been pulling part worn ones off in the winter whilst having every intention of refitting them when we get to the long dry summers where mud is no longer an issue.
The problem is we have not had any long hot summers so I end up skipping half of them.

Not sure what the army special is like I know someone who is using one on the KTM350 and will get an idea from that what the grip wear rate is like. One thing for sure is that Michelins and Metzeler enduro tyres don't last on any bike let alone a PIG.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:45 pm

dougyfresh wrote:what make is it and how much m8...
Hi the tyre is a Metzeler Unicross 130/90-18
Looking for £40 + postage not over bothered about selling it as it will go on my piggy when the current 1 wears out, but if you want let me know and we can sort something out. I know Royal Mail has gone expensive so maybe a courier would work out better, someone like CityLink.
More than welcome to collect from WS137DZ and I will through in some bike chat and loads of cuppas banana
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Stingy git!
You think the oke's after cuppas?
Throw in a beer and he'll be on yer doorstep as quick as lightning rear tyre 858455

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:30 pm

BuRP wrote:Stingy git!
You think the oke's after cuppas?
Throw in a beer and he'll be on yer doorstep as quick as lightning rear tyre 858455
Sadly Burp I am tea total and don't drink..wife and 3 kids takes care of any spare cash razz and the 12 drinks fuel like a fish lol.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:26 am

Is cool Mauser,

I had to joke, and anybody can clearly see you're building/modifying too, that Rockwool I mean.
Anyway, I've heard of late that the Mitas CO2 gets very good reviews. I have seen 'a' Mitas rear in action, on a wet muddy slippery gnarly track.... it was the only bike which rode where others did not, was quite a surprise actually - and no, wasn't a Pig, way too big for this enduro track. Made me think, I have to try one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Don't get me wrong, I would never claim that the Mitas gives the best grip. But they do last a lot longer than other enduro tyres and give an acceptable level of grip for trail riding.
They were very cheap at one time but I suppose as popularity has increased so has the price Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

rear tyre Empty tyre

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm

cheers mauser i had a look you up around birmingham area ? im in the start of the welsh valleys so a bit far but thanks for the offer..

Back to top Go down

rear tyre Empty Tires

Post  Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:35 am

I have gone through the original Dunlop, from there tried Maxxis Desert IT, decided to try the Sedona IT and now am going back to a Maxxis Desert IT. There is not too much moisture in the ground around here unless it's winter and tires just don't seem to last...period. The trails are generally "fire roads" or roads that are hard packed dirt wih a bit of gravel. Great for drifting the pig but traction regardless the tire is rare. I am running a Sedona front tire which is holding up very well and have zero time on my new Maxxis rear and have no rides planned in the near future. The next few mods will be rox risers and and SGD "tall seat". I really love my bike and am awaiting response from the Ca DMV on the possibility of dual sporting my pig, some folks say 2003 is is one year too late, others aren't sure...I'm hoping to get some clarification so I can either pull the trigger and get it going or accept my exile to the fire roads. Out here in Ca, I am seeing more "trials tires" than anything else, a friend of mine raced in the ISDE about ten years ago and he swears by the trials tires..the are apparently good for just about everything except track, sand and mud..In the tight trails and switchbacks they seem to be keeping people happy. That will be my next tire and I will report in with the results. Keep it on two wheels men...well, ok one or two!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down