Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is my XRR lowered?

Go down

Is my XRR lowered? Empty Is my XRR lowered?

Post  Guest Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm a bit puzzled as to whether or not the 2000 model that I recently picked up has been lowered in some way. Clearly the forks have been raised in the triple clamps, which is easy enough to fix (my searching seems to indicate that they should be 5mm above the top clamp). I'm not sure the shock has a spacer in it. Someone wrote 1 1/8" on the shock body with a sharpie. The back of the bike seems a bit low to me when I'm sitting on it (I'm 6'4"). When I measure the eye to eye length of the shock it is right at 17 and 1/2". Is this correct? If the shock length is supposed to be 18", would a 1/2" spacer in the shock translate into 1 1/8" lower seat? Trying to figure out why they wrote that dimension on the shock...

Back to top Go down

Is my XRR lowered? Empty Re: Is my XRR lowered?

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:36 am

Lots of possibilities here - get a workshopmanual (online, free, search) first!
Then take F&R apart, open up an see what springs you have, maybe even spacers added. But also, find out if you've not got a Kouba-link at the rear, this is a lowering link for shortasses, for which you're too tall.
On the springs, many put in different one's suited for their weight & setup, you probably will too - so find out (by measuring) what you've got, and work from there. And, when you've got the rear out you might as well take the swinger out too. Check & relube, very good idea, ditto triples.
Yes, this all is quite a bit of work, but you'll end up with 'all good' which is worth lots. But as said, start with getting that manual, you must have this!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Already have an FSM. Bike definately does not have a lowering link. Anyone know for sure what the eye to eye dimension of the stock shock is?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum