Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOT another 68 68s thread, please read

Go down

NOT another 68 68s thread, please read Empty NOT another 68 68s thread, please read

Post  Guest Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:20 am

So ive called 3 dealers, and none of them have the s, they said they could order one but after reading countless threads on this topic and finding out people in my exact situation are odering all these so called "68s" from the dealer and aftermarket but are getting just the reglar old 68 i wasnt going though that bullshit, So instead i took my 68 and I jb welded 2 of the 8 holes. Sound like an ok idea? Jb weld says once fully cured is "completely gasoline resistant" http://jbweld.net/faq.php#faq007 I did a great job getting only the holes without getting any on the inside restricting flow, I even blew through it covering the other holes and pretty hard and it held up fine. i can post pictures too.

Any ideas? I plan on istalling it and my 160 main (im at 4500+ feet) this saturday. Or should i just go get a 70 pilot? or maybe even 65? any help is appreciated. Im adding shinko 705s on stock wheels with a 15/47 sprocket combo. I plan on runnin 80ish street 20ish dirt. Anyone else have this sprocket combo? Is it "alot" taller than stock? any help is appreciated!

Back to top Go down

NOT another 68 68s thread, please read Empty Re: NOT another 68 68s thread, please read

Post  Focker Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:34 am

Found this link posted by Bump in the "Jetting Database" thread...Hope it helps.

Link - How To Jet

mybackhurts wrote:Im adding shinko 705s on stock wheels with a 15/47 sprocket combo. I plan on runnin 80ish street 20ish dirt. Anyone else have this sprocket combo? Is it "alot" taller than stock? any help is appreciated!
You should direct this question in the "Gear Heads" section or look for the answer there. Wish I could tell you myself what works best. BRP smile

~Focker
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

NOT another 68 68s thread, please read Empty Re: NOT another 68 68s thread, please read

Post  Guest Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:18 pm

thanks it helped a little bit. I guess ill go get a 65 see what happens and if i need the 68 ill throw it in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down