Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirt Virgin

Go down

Dirt Virgin Empty Dirt Virgin

Post  Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Hello all My name is Ben got my first BRP the other day first "dirt" bike I've ever owned. Looking forward to getting it out on these beautiful passes in the san juans (born and raised in the area, formerly a jeep guy) Looks like this site is going to be a wealth of information. Will try to post some pics of the new pig as soon as I can. Ben

BTW anyone else in Grand junction????

Back to top Go down

Dirt Virgin Empty Re: Dirt Virgin

Post  Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:16 am

nope, but welcome any-ways

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:29 am

Nope,

Phoenix.

Uncork the bike, setup the suspension for your weight.

Welcome

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Bike currently has a white brothers exhaust and a k &n air filter but not sure how to see if its uncorked or not. And how do I know if the bike isn't set up for my weight already?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:23 am

Oh? Then you im-me-di-a-te-ly rip that K&N filter out and throw it away,and put a foam filter in (OEM, UNI, TwinAir etc). K&N's stuff up engines as they let heaps of fine dust through, know it pls!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:27 am

Also, if you don't have the mesh backing behind the filter (anti backfire protection, plus a necessary support for most foam filters) then put one in.
You better do some homework as to find out how to setup a dirtbike's suspension. Search the net? Heaps of info out there - and yes, once done correct it makes a big difference to 'standard' - simply because there IS no standard, only an 'average buyer' exists.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down