Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headlight Bulb

Go down

Headlight Bulb Empty Headlight Bulb

Post  Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:06 pm

Hey there folks,

Ok, looks like my headlight bulb blew but I've never seen this style before and all the bulb has on it is the rating 12v35/35. Can anyone give me the style number so I can search for a new one please. Seems everything posted on here takes a H4 style bulb.

Headlight Bulb IMAG0088

Thanks
SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Headlight Bulb Empty Re: Headlight Bulb

Post  Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Funny globe that, def not the OEM-one. But 35W it is though, indeed not a common globe. Try to fashion something else in there, with same wattage? A 55W's too big, and the lens is said to melt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:59 am

Ok - it not just me Shocked

I know that the bike was imported into Uganda from Dubai still new in the crate but I haven't been able to work out yet what 'market' the bike was made for. That may help me find this style of bulb.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:11 am

That buld is not standard fitment and I am sure the bulb holder isn't as the locating pins should be off-set so when the stock bulb with high and low beam is fitted it will only go in 1 way....saying that if you have the US version with the plastic lens then that would only have 1 bulb terminal as they only come with dipped beam and plastic lens.....post a picture of your headlight
Headlight Bulb !BbqBMrQB2k~$(KGrHqMOKkMEq5H841fCBK)!V4GIZ!~~_12
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:00 am

So it looks like I have a non UK or US market bike that has a different style bulb holder. Does anyone know how I can find out what market my bike was designed for (from the frame number maybe?) because then I could search for a bulb from that country. From the looks of the headlight setup it does look factory - the headlight parts are all 'stanley' which I have seen mentioned elsewhere as being factory parts. The headlight lens is glass so I would want to get a 55W bulb for it.

Thanks for your help guys,

SkidMark

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi Skidmark can you not post a picture of the headlight rear ?, I didn't think they made any other type of headlight other than US & European.....should look like this for European market....
Headlight Bulb $(KGrHqZ,!ioE+-vsezDTBQJ5pTQnC!~~60_12

Saying that just found a XR400 surround which looks like this....
Headlight Bulb $(KGrHqV,!pEE9lZf4mL-BPrZcuTNJg~~60_58
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Oz had their own version too I think.
But, stator-wise there's two only - measly & bigger.
Get a H4 bulb, a 55W, and connect it temporarily. Start the bike and see what it does - fully On with a bit of revs?
If so you've got the bigger stator, so then I'd adapt my headlight to accept a globe you can get hold of. Look, you're not going to want a perfectly asymetrical headlight beam are you? If so, get a proper unit, as any 'std' thing produces "light" only.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 pm

before i changed the 35watt to a 55watt bulp but they always fail (normal light) after a year so i use these cheap ebay xenon bulp now for a year and still works great with alot more light then a 55watt and yes i have the glass type headlight.

maybe some of yall wanna try? you can not loose on this trust me naughty

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-Lamp-35W-BA20d-ATV-Quad-Scooter-Headlight-Bulb-/270689366781?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f0657f2fd

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:30 am

Thank you Rico, that is exactly what I was after, so it's a BA20D style...when I showed it to our vehicle mechanic here he thinks he can even find it here.
Cheers guys

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:09 am

just for educational purposes you can search for BA20D on this page and see it is a bonafide automotive bulb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_lamp_types

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:17 am

SkidMark wrote:Thank you Rico, that is exactly what I was after, so it's a BA20D style...when I showed it to our vehicle mechanic here he thinks he can even find it here.
Cheers guys

well not 100% sure how you know which way to put the bulb in ?, you say it has high and low beam normally the pins on the side are off-set so it can only go into the holder 1 way...making the high beam point the right way....anyway good luck with your search razz
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:27 am

the tabs on the sides are different widths... razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:27 am

i had nothing else to do then place the bulp like a oem bulp, all works great, normal beam and high beam trust

and i always ride with my lights on so the sleepy car drivers see me better i hope Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 pm

rikco wrote:before i changed the 35watt to a 55watt bulp but they always fail (normal light) after a year so i use these cheap ebay xenon bulp now for a year and still works great with alot more light then a 55watt and yes i have the glass type headlight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-Lamp-35W-BA20d-ATV-Quad-Scooter-Headlight-Bulb-/270689366781?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f0657f2fd

cheers

What wattage Xenon light are you using that is brighter than a 55W Halogen?
Will this fit in the Euro spec headlight?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:
rikco wrote:before i changed the 35watt to a 55watt bulp but they always fail (normal light) after a year so i use these cheap ebay xenon bulp now for a year and still works great with alot more light then a 55watt and yes i have the glass type headlight.

cheers

What wattage Xenon light are you using that is brighter than a 55W Halogen?
Will this fit in the Euro spec headlight?

[img]Headlight Bulb Untitl10[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down