Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 BRP

Go down

2000 BRP Empty 2000 BRP

Post  Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:53 am

Wanted to share my recent purchase and upgrades on a 2000 XR650R

2000 BRP Dscn0113

This is what she looked like when I brought her home

2000 BRP Dscn0114

She had noticeably been down before because of the bent handle bar, the left foot peg mount was bent and a few things were (let’s say for a lack of a better term) ethnically rigged. But like I said she has a strong motor with clean oil. Here is a list of what I did to her

XR only pipe
XR only skid plate
GPR upper triple clamp and stabilizer
Pro Taper oversize bars
Acerbis hand guards
Warp 9 wheel set w/hubs
New Dunlop MX51 front and rear tires
New chain both sprockets
New oem swing arm chain slider
XR only rear chain guide
New brake rotors and pads
Fork and shock rebuild
XR only wide foot pegs
New SDG tall griper seat
New Baja design headlight shell
Some new black side panels

I put a pretty complete tool kit together in a new moose racing front fender bag. I still want a computer and GPS for her before I’m done I am open for suggestions if anyone has a set up they are partial too. I got to ride with my girlfriend for three days in Big Bear over Labor day weekend. It was super fun riding my BRP after all the money I put into her. My girlfriend has a 01’ XR250R Big Red and Little Red like each other Wink

Big Red & Lill Red

2000 BRP Dscn0311

Back to top Go down

2000 BRP Empty Re: 2000 BRP

Post  Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:14 am

Nice pair! Trailtech Vapor's a good choice, with temp and various settable (LED) alarms but the temp readout you want, Biggie can become hot on trails. You may want to mount a 4" Spal puller fan to the rh-rad, helps in keeping its cool and will fit under that tank.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Nice pair! Trailtech Vapor's a good choice, with temp and various settable (LED) alarms but the temp readout you want, Biggie can become hot on trails. You may want to mount a 4" Spal puller fan to the rh-rad, helps in keeping its cool and will fit under that tank.
I was looking at that exact computer. Yes I would like to do something to help the overheating potential with Big Red. What are your thoughts on a after market higher rated (than OEM) thermastat and radiator cap?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 pm

I got all 3, fan, cap & t/stat. All help, obviously the fan most.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down