Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vapour Tech Help

Go down

Vapour Tech Help Empty Vapour Tech Help

Post  Mauser Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi I am thinking about adding a new speedo/rev counter to my baby but would really like to keep the stock wiring in tact...I don't do crimps etc. I would like the black dash with aluminium panel mount which would show me time, speed, rev's, mileage, water temp and if possible oil temp and again if possible could the indicators and headlights be also put through the unit ?.
Anyone got any info on the pin connections ?, I have emailed 2 guys on fleabay but neither replied..... beat head
Can I get a stock connector and alter the Vapour wires to fit so it plugs straight into the loom where possible ?...of course speedo will need it's own wiring along with water temp etc.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Vapour Tech Help Empty Re: Vapour Tech Help

Post  Guest Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:40 am

its almost plug and play, connect the power wire to youre headlight or light switch so it get 12volt or you dont have the vapor light on when you only use the battery, the oem dashboard lights fit the the vapor dash and it dont give oil temp but only water and air temp.

Vapour Tech Help 97747665

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:29 am

I got one and was worth it easy to do 2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:32 pm

rikco wrote:its almost plug and play, connect the power wire to youre headlight or light switch so it get 12volt or you dont have the vapor light on when you only use the battery, the oem dashboard lights fit the the vapor dash and it dont give oil temp but only water and air temp.

Vapour Tech Help 97747665

Thanks for the info...so I take the stock bulb holders out of the existing clock and push these into the vapour unit ?...I always thought they came with their own bulbs and holders and you needed to wire them into your loom ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:36 pm

if i remember right you get new rubbers included to fit youre lights

but i think the oem honda rubbers also fitted.

dunno exactly anymore, got it 2 years now.

if you order one also order some extra cell batterys (cr2032) because i needed a new one every year and i have it on 12 volt also. waiting

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Yes it sould come with bulbs if not you will have to purchase the outter section that clips around the unit with the indicators, high/low ect. I had to wire it in, yes get a few spare batteries too...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down