Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XRR EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor Kit Fit Problems

Go down

XRR EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor Kit Fit Problems Empty XRR EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor Kit Fit Problems

Post  Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Long story short. Ordered the SM6001C supermoto rotor kit for the XRR and when I showed up I drooled over it a bit then started installation. I should have known something was off when the bolts were all about 1/4" to long. But I thought maybe they just sent the wrong bolts and put some shorter ones in.

Thats when i tried to do a fit up and found that the rotor was actually going to rest up against the caliper and that there was a serious fitment issue.

Called the shop I ordered it from and they advised me to return it or call EBC for support. Finally got in touch with EBC and they informed me that they're aware that the bracket for the XRR's is incorrect and that they'd send me a new one as soon as they're back in stock. When's that? Currently coming from the UK with no ETA...

mad as heck

If you're thinking of doing the EBC supermoto rotor kit, be aware the bracket in the kit may be wrong... Mine had a big 028 on it. I doubt they'd change the number on the bracket tho just the dimension to make it good.

XRR EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor Kit Fit Problems 20121026_171028

Back to top Go down

XRR EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor Kit Fit Problems Empty Re: XRR EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor Kit Fit Problems

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:22 am

i use a bracket for a crf450, dunno what year but its a straight fit.

Back to top Go down

XRR EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor Kit Fit Problems Empty Re: XRR EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor Kit Fit Problems

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:17 pm

I'll probably use a CRF450 bracket eventually. I returned the rotor and got a killer deal on a set of CRF450 forks, triples, bar mounts, master, line and caliper with good pads off eBay. naughty All I need now is an axle and a wheel and I'll have a whole CRF front end. I'll get another oversized rotor later... Not real happy with EBC on this this whole situation... angry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:23 pm

you can use youre wheel you have now, only change the bearings to fit the xrr axle.

i did that to with my (crf) 17inch rims Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Can you point me in the general direction for those? I'd find them eventually but links are always nice nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:32 pm

i messured the bearing zise and googled for it, rear bearings was cheap and found them on e-bay.uk, front wheel bearings was more expensive because it was a almost unused size but found them.

this was in 2010 so i dunno much anymore...............damn alcohol Twisted Evil

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down