Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some reviews.

Go down

Some reviews. Empty Some reviews.

Post  Guest Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:36 am

1.STAGE 2 cam is a great bang for your buck,some guys complain that they lose a bit too much bottom end.I advanced my cam a bit to help out as well as the XR400 CDI.
2. Higher compression,i decked my head to get 10.8 to 1 is stronger with this mod everywhere.
3.XR400 CDI to get a few degrees more advance at idle to bring back what the Stage 2 lost,also revs higher on the pipe longer to speak.I bought a 2nd hand early XR400 CDI cheap and it's what she needed.
What the boys on mx'ers climb in first i can climb in 2nd geared at 15/46,it's crazy i know.
4.Mild matchport,the stocker breathes quite well but a clean up never hurts.Never go too far in the head matchport/clean up only as the pentroof design is very very good.
5.Staintune headers,this is wow once she's on the boil from about 4000 revs all the way to the rev limiter.Awesome overrev.
6.TM40 well it's a pumper carb so it's the bomb.The cheapest of the aftermarket carbs,is a bit tricky to jet but once dialled in it's grouse.I think this the XR400 CDI and the Staintune are working well at revs.
I didn't realise how much i rode "around" the stock carb.
7.Revalved the suspension.
8.RSW fork brace,sure i lost about 3/4 of an inch travel but this was one of the best things i've done to it,the front is so much better.
WARNING as there's less stiction/flex in the forks you'll have to change a lot of settings,even the rear may have to be changed as the balance of the bike changed dramatically.
9. Icat fitted it gives me better economy and makes the bike a one kick start,some people don't believe but i know it does the 2 things i mentioned.
All up some small stuff to the motor but they all work well together.
I run 15/46 as it'll just loop out with say 15/49 or lower gearing.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum