Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do / or how would you spend 2500 dollars

Go down

What would you do / or how would you spend 2500 dollars  Empty What would you do / or how would you spend 2500 dollars

Post  Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Imagine that you have some cash burning hole in your pocket what is your dream list for the beast ?
ONLY to upgrade the piggy , dont tell me stuff like getting newer bike , KTM , .... ban

Back to top Go down

What would you do / or how would you spend 2500 dollars  Empty Re: What would you do / or how would you spend 2500 dollars

Post  Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Wheels sets, lectric sys, including lights, custom suspention,............any $$$ left? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

What would you do / or how would you spend 2500 dollars  Empty Re: What would you do / or how would you spend 2500 dollars

Post  Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Improve on the suspension, the Borynack mods - is the first thing others I trust would do, hindsightly speaking.
Strangely enough I haven't done them yet but plenty of other things, and time-restraints will keep me from doing them for a while.
But as I said, I trust them, so there ya go...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:25 pm

I wish I had a couple sets of wheels. Tires are cheap enough but changing them all the time stinks. For me I'd like at a moments notices change to a set of 18/21 for mostly pavement and gravel roads with a tiny bit of dirt. Then another set of 18/21 with a set of 606's for play'n in the dirt with some gravel roads mixed in there. Then the set of 17's for supermoto. Then I'd be very happy with my wheel and tire selection.

I've thought about what else to do to my BRP but I cant come up with much. All I can come up with is a stage 1 hot cam (200 bucks) and a full big gun exhaust system (500 bucks). And that's really about it. I've got the CRF forks as well as the OEM XR forks and shock sprung and setup for me and my riding style, the tank, jetting, adequate lighting and stator power. Not sure what else to do other than wheels.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:09 pm

I like mine just the way she is....my bike needs for nothing really; gave up on fitting a Trailtech after speaking to my local sales guy who said how crap they were at showing rpm...response time like 20 minutes lol. At a push I would have some stainless spokes and maybe the hubs painted/anodised
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:35 pm

I have very long list , Bananatool
One of them is this soft cush hub
http://www.radmfg.com/Cush-Series-REAR-HUB-125-up-p/radh-eq-1r.htm
naughty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:I have very long list , Bananatool
One of them is this soft cush hub
http://www.radmfg.com/Cush-Series-REAR-HUB-125-up-p/radh-eq-1r.htm
naughty

OMG! Want! Bananatool that'd be awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:54 pm

I have seen that before but they dont have the amount of tooth version that i desire Crying or Very sad
Othervise its great idea and very cheap nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:54 am

Mauser wrote:Cheaper option guys.....
http://www.kushsprockets.com/sprockets

Excellent!
YOU buy one, then ride the tots if it, then tell the world if it lasts, it's good, works etc.
The Net has precious little on them Maus', I won't buy one......

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm

BuRP wrote:
Mauser wrote:Cheaper option guys.....
http://www.kushsprockets.com/sprockets

Excellent!
YOU buy one, then ride the tots if it, then tell the world if it lasts, it's good, works etc.
The Net has precious little on them Maus', I won't buy one......

lol no ta I'm happy with stock razz
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:44 pm

Fuel injection for the piggy!!!!!!!!!! I ride in high altitude quite a bit (5000'-13000')and fuel injection would be aewsome! My $.02. Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum