Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another new Aussie

Go down

Another new Aussie Empty Another new Aussie

Post  Guest Tue May 14, 2013 11:13 am

Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi... long time rider new to 4 stroke thumpers, 36years old and on the prowl for a decent 650, got the cash just waiting for the right bike. Just come off a KTM 300 exc dead horse (money pit) cant wait to have something reliable and red. Great site with heaps of info. banana

Back to top Go down

Another new Aussie Empty Re: Another new Aussie

Post  Mauser Tue May 14, 2013 11:34 am

Welcome Mick, few bikes over here but not sure about down under Bump as long as it's got knobblies and is clean you will fit in with me listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Welcome ,
btw if you think that the exc300 ( two stroker ) is a money pit , you are in for a suprise lol!

Back to top Go down

Another new Aussie Empty xr money pit

Post  Guest Wed May 15, 2013 3:03 am

Now are you saying that the XR will be a money pit... If thats just because of the mods and extras well thats ok, but I do believe that XR650r's are know for their reliability.. is that not true??

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed May 15, 2013 7:59 am

Cheap as you like to run, I change the oil and filter like any other bike and clean her, you can spend money on the bikes "if" you want to but stock bike is great; but depends on what you want her to look like and what you want her to do ?.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Another new Aussie Empty XR mods

Post  Guest Wed May 15, 2013 11:53 am

Dont want to do too much , the bike Im currently looking at has a full staintune system, bark busters, front and rear braided lines and bash plate, they want $4850. I want to put a clarke 4.3 gal natural tank on, 200w stator, suspension upgrade (Im 127kg) been quoted $760 Aus. and trail tech speedo, The bike is a 2000 mdl and I would like a 2004-2005 but apparently there's not much difference. drool

Back to top Go down

Another new Aussie Empty picked her up yay

Post  Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:35 am

Well as we all know if it's ment to be it's ment to be...
I was thinking about holding off in buying my pig until later on in the year, I check the bike classifieds for one more time and there she was.. banana 30 min from home

A 2004 XR650R, un corked, fat high rise bars, 2700 kms, stage 1 hot cam, and clean as a whistle..
$5500
For the price I was very happy
Took it for a quick ride and I am in love with the pull and power. Im not going to do much engine wise as I feel it goes great.
Cant wait for a proper burl. rider

Great to be part of the BRP club, Never going to sell it pig . naughty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 am

You git! Typical newbie, preferring an old thumper with some alleged 'character' over a hypermodern nice smooth burbling and screaming 2stroke which is orange and comes with a small lcd dash! mad as heck

Oh wait, I did too - then "Welcome" I suppose?
Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:00 am

xrmick wrote:Well as we all know if it's ment to be it's ment to be...
I was thinking about holding off in buying my pig until later on in the year, I check the bike classifieds for one more time and there she was.. banana 30 min from home

A 2004 XR650R, un corked, fat high rise bars, 2700 kms, stage 1 hot cam, and clean as a whistle..
$5500
For the price I was very happy
Took it for a quick ride and I am in love with the pull and power. Im not going to do much engine wise as I feel it goes great.
Cant wait for a proper burl. rider

Great to be part of the BRP club, Never going to sell it pig . naughty

Another bike "uncorked" I take it your bike came from the US/Canada..must have been to need uncorking Frustrated
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Another new Aussie Empty uncorked

Post  Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:52 pm

The bikes when released in Australia are restricted to meet emission regulations, so yes the bike has had them removed.. hence the " uncorking"

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:45 pm

xrmick wrote:The bikes when released in Australia are restricted to meet emission regulations, so yes the bike has had them removed.. hence the " uncorking"

Appologies looks like some were corked as per "Dealer Discretion" on some Australian models...

Jetting....
UK/European All Models 175/65s/3rd
Australian Some Models 112/65s/3rd

I will shut up Bump
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Another new Aussie Empty hi from across the ditch

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:14 pm

australia is one of the places that took to the brps with a vengence, nearly a top selling dirtbike there, ideal country to ride one in too, lots of open spaces to open them up properly... welcome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down