Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch plate replacement

Go down

Clutch plate replacement  Empty Clutch plate replacement

Post  Guest Sat May 25, 2013 7:13 am

So I had to replace the clutch plates on my 2001 brp ( there was hardly any thing left of them) I got a tusk clutch kit with ebc springs. For the kit to work I had to remove the judder springs, I found that out the hard way. Anyway with the judders out the clutch works great and the bike is not the same bike! Bt now the problem is that with the clutch pulled in there is kind of a slight metallic sound coming from the clutch that goes away when it grabs.

1. I thought I liked the stock springs better so I put them back in.
2.im thinking without the judders it made the pack thinner making more room for the plates to wiggle.
Any ideas? I'm scared of riding the bike untill I know everything is good.

Ps no metal shavings or anything and I double checked to make sure all the parts were there.

Last edited by Dirtautoguy on Sat May 25, 2013 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)

Back to top Go down

Clutch plate replacement  Empty Re: Clutch plate replacement

Post  Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:19 am

Id like to hear peoples experience with this one too

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 am

I always thought the clutch set-up was determined by the stack height, the book should give you a spec for max and min height of the stack, I would work within the spec.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Mauser wrote:I always thought the clutch set-up was determined by the stack height, the book should give you a spec for max and min height of the stack, I would work within the spec.
I thought, with the judder removed, you were supposed to add another plate or disk, forget which. I believe you add an extra steel clutch plate.

I'd have to take mine apart and count to verify as I did this many years ago. OK, coulda been yesterday and I'd forget.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:03 pm

dougc wrote:
Mauser wrote:I always thought the clutch set-up was determined by the stack height, the book should give you a spec for max and min height of the stack, I would work within the spec.
I thought, with the judder removed, you were supposed to add another plate or disk, forget which.  I believe you add an extra steel clutch plate.  

I'd have to take mine apart and count to verify as I did this many years ago.  OK, coulda been yesterday and I'd forget.
Your probably right I'm just saying the finished stack height is important Bump 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down