Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This little piggy is not going to market

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This little piggy is not going to market - Page 2 Empty Re: This little piggy is not going to market

Post  Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:32 am

temporary kiwi wrote:if you want xr's only to respond quickly ,:" just ring them",: they seem very slow on emails, however very helpful on the phone, ive used the ross pistons they stock, highly recommend them, lighter than wiseco+ can come ready coated,skirts &ceramic chamber coating, ive run up to 12.5:1[ hi octane fuel]up to 11.5:1 on 96oct is ok- the falicon rod kit is v/good + its also lighter than the stock item

Almost got my order placed at XRsOnly
Wossner 11:1, Falicon rod kit and a few other bits and pieces - thinking of adding the TM40 to my order.

Struggling to finalize my OEM parts order with HondaParts-Direct.

Back to top Go down

This little piggy is not going to market - Page 2 Empty mtr rebuild

Post  Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:47 am

hows your engine coming, hope you got a carb for it, while you've got the head off, id get the valve pockets matched up to seats + a 5angle valveseat cut, this helps the mtr to pick up revs quicker, any updates yet?

Back to top Go down

This little piggy is not going to market - Page 2 Empty Re: This little piggy is not going to market

Post  Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:34 am

temporary kiwi wrote:hows your engine coming, hope you got a carb for it, while you've got the head off, id get the valve pockets matched up to seats + a 5angle valveseat cut, this helps the mtr to pick up revs quicker, any updates yet?

My Piggy project is on hold, I blew my car engine so need to get that back on the road in say the next 10 days. Full engine rebuild, new clutch, rebuild drive shafts, replace steering rack boots and replace all gearbox seals. It is a 1980 2 door Mk1 Golf with 2L crank, flowed head and 2.5 Microbus pistons - 276 cam but that is about as wild as you should go for everyday use. It is the K-Jetronic motor like the one from the original Golf GTI.

TM40 carb, 11:1 Wossner piston and Falicon rod set ordered from XRsOnly - head ported already.
Must just pay my parts from HondaParts-Direct today so they can be on their way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:TM40 carb.... ordered from XRsOnly

Attaboy!
No wonder you've been more dead than quiet razz 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Camchain, oil pump, gaskets, conrod kit and piston for XR costs twice as much as all the parts for my Golf motor - 4 pistons with rings, mains, big ends, oil pump, gaskets, water pump, cambelt, head bolts and clutch beat head 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Lucky I have the XR650L my mate loaned me - It is a really nice bike for commuting. Looking forward to riding my R again soon though.

Nice thing on the L is the long range tank, I get 300 km before I hit reserve - I doubt I get 100 km out of my standard R tank.

Back to top Go down

This little piggy is not going to market - Page 2 Empty fuel range

Post  Guest Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:49 am

yes std tank with std carb, id get about 50-60kms till reserve, once i put fcr 40mx carb on i was getting 80kms on offroad/ 130kms on road, hanging out to get on my bike again, just finished the fcr43.5mm new v/stack/adaptor, just got a few other jobs &i will be firing her up for jetting, then ill see what range i get out of my clarke 16l tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:29 pm

My XRsOnly package arrived today but there was nobody at the office and the post office didn't call or I would have collected from them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Tempted to get a new tail pipe made under the seat/fender (similar to 2007 CBR1000RR)- or maybe I can adapt a pair of R1 aftermarket pipes - I have seen a pic of the internet of a single pipe under the fender and it was awesome but I can't find it now - Anyone have any good ideas?

Remember - mine is a motard so I won't be hitting it with the rear tyre.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Got my conrod, piston and TM40

Can anyone suggest jetting for my TM40?

Altitude 5000 feet
Full aftermarket pipe
Airbox side cover cut out
Ported head
HRC cam
No California restrictive junk :-)

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2