Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 Empty Re: Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt

Post  Mauser Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:I see the bolt in your cover - turn it around and you will see the head and sealing washer
But the picture you have shown is NOT a 650R clutch cover or 650L cover....confused

Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 Empty Re: Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Mauser wrote:
Chris_w_65 wrote:I see the bolt in your cover - turn it around and you will see the head and sealing washer
But the picture you have shown is NOT a 650R clutch cover or 650L cover....confused
Mine is same as yours

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:24 pm

My casing has an independant gold coloured clutch cover that can be removed - yours looks like a one oiece unit - Mine is a 2003

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Mauser wrote:Am I missing something here......here is my clutch cover ?.

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 DSC02026

Don't look like anything above Frustrated

And here's the 650L cover....

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 $T2eC16ZHJGEFFmyVVOwiBRwNuP4tqg~~60_57
What is that bolt about 35mm above the kichstart bearing? Mine looks worn so I ordered one. Honda lists it as a special bolt. 90041-MBN-670

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:My casing has an independant gold coloured clutch cover that can be removed - yours looks like a one oiece unit - Mine is a 2003
I see you also have a removable magnesium cover - it says so on the inside just like mine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:
Chris_w_65 wrote:My casing has an independant gold coloured clutch cover that can be removed - yours looks like a one oiece unit - Mine is a 2003
I see you also have a removable magnesium cover - it says so on the inside just like mine.
Speaking of clutch covers - I am going to get gold paint matched - it is automotive Kapsci body paint + premium hardener - Will it stand the heat?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:
Mauser wrote:Am I missing something here......here is my clutch cover ?.

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 DSC02026

Don't look like anything above Frustrated

And here's the 650L cover....

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 $T2eC16ZHJGEFFmyVVOwiBRwNuP4tqg~~60_57
What is that bolt about 35mm above the kichstart bearing? Mine looks worn so I ordered one. Honda lists it as a special bolt. 90041-MBN-670
I have no idea never messed with it....you have still not explained why the picture shown is not a 650R clutch cover ?......Bananatool 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:29 pm

My photo is taken from the outside - yours is from the inside

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Here you go - my casing same as yours with 8mm threaded hole

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 Img_0716

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:Here you go - my casing same as yours with 8mm threaded hole

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 Img_0716

No your casing isn't the same as mine it looks nothing like it....stop messing about and get a 650R bike.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:46 pm

What is this?

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 Milner10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 pm

I can't believe it I even had to go and have a look in the garage and by fluck mine has mine too
Just below and to the right of the kickstart. Never used it and it certainly is no oil level screw.
Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 20130818_184013_LLS1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Makes sense if your scavenge pump were faulty oil would run out of it

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:56 pm

Hew wrote:I can't believe it I even had to go and have a look in the garage and by fluck mine has mine too
Just below and to the right of the kickstart. Never used it and it certainly is no oil level screw.
Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 20130818_184013_LLS1
Hew your a pretty normal guy tell the others that the picture of their clutch case isn't a 650R it's from another bike !!!!
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:15 pm

'Course it is, just take the cover off the cover...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:20 am

BuRP wrote:'Course it is, just take the cover off the cover...
Or look at the hondaparts-direct.com link I posted higher up with the part numbers:bananatool: 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:43 am

Chris_w_65 wrote:Here is the oil level check bolt reffered to by the OP

I am not saying it is for checking oil level but it does exist - its purpose might be to check the scavenge pump is working properly??

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 Img_0715
It is an XRR cover.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:49 am

AURORA wrote:
Chris_w_65 wrote:Here is the oil level check bolt reffered to by the OP

I am not saying it is for checking oil level but it does exist - its purpose might be to check the scavenge pump is working properly??

Another problem, too little oil in gearbox ... after rebuilt - Page 2 Img_0715
It is an XRR cover.
A dirty XRR cover - but not for long

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 am

I must be losing the plot, I didn't realise and even looking at the drawings that the right crank case cover is in 2 parts, the main section which is clearing shown on the drawing and the rear part which doesn't seem to have a part number ?.
I appologise to you all for being a noob and will shut up for the next 12 hours....razz 
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 am

Mauser wrote:I must be losing the plot, I didn't realise and even looking at the drawings that the right crank case cover is in 2 parts, the main section which is clearing shown on the drawing and the rear part which doesn't seem to have a part number ?.
I appologise to you all for being a noob and will shut up for the next 12 hours....razz 
I was starting to think you had a Chinese knock off (Chonda XR650R) parked in your garage StirPot 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:34 am

Nope, but Mauser drinks tea Chris, so I suspect he had a bit of an alien leaf in there... BRP smile 
No worries Maus', I've been seen pouring coffee in the sugar, we all have blonde moments. And don't overdo it pls, 12 hours is a looong time to go celibate razz 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Hey Mauser - The kickstart fell off the XR650L I am riding at the moment - Do you know where I can get one? StirPot StirPot

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Chris_w_65 wrote:Hey Mauser - The kickstart fell off the XR650L I am riding at the moment - Do you know where I can get one? StirPot StirPot
Can someone send me a link to the part number for this cover in question as my online source doesn't show it.....?
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Mauser wrote:
Chris_w_65 wrote:Hey Mauser - The kickstart fell off the XR650L I am riding at the moment - Do you know where I can get one? StirPot StirPot
Can someone send me a link to the part number for this cover in question as my online source doesn't show it.....?
Here you go - part 1 and part 4

28 is the supposed scavenge oil level check plug

Number 20 is a special bolt I am changing - It has something to do with kickstart I think - mine is a little worn - Anyone know its purpose?

http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2691614&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2003&fveh=134983

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:54 pm

It would be realy interesting, if anyone with a XR650R can turn this ominous screw out (maybe one with 17inch wheels in front).
When I do this, there is no drop of oil coming out - whether when it runs nor when its cold - still afraid, contacted Clymer now conc. this problem - wait for answer now.
Can anyone turn out this bolt and give me notice, isn't much work. If necessary, I can make a picture, where this bolt is located.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:04 pm

I think Bolt20 is either the hookup for the kicker's spring or the stopper for the toothed cam?

Grizzly, being Austrian is no excuse for being stubborn and not wanting to learn. I'll tell you for the last time, this bolt does nothing - but maybe you didn't read Hew's post?
Over & Out on this subject for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next