Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TM660SMX

Go down

TM660SMX Empty TM660SMX

Post  Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi

A bit off topic but I can get a TM660SMX for about 2000 pounds - It is a 2006.

Are they worth having?
Full Ohlins - Brembo front caliper, Keihin FCR carb - They claim 16.7:1 compression

I saw this on a forum

Its one of the best out of the box race supermoto bikes I have ridden, as long as you race it on large tracks...like roadrace tracks. Its to much for karting style tracks or similiar, the engine revs very fast for a 660. The engine is actualy solid (and its own TM engine), as you will never ever be able to wind it out as much as a 450....they have been measured at 75 to 80hp at the crank...The frame is stiff and the handling very stable, with superb turn in. Components selection is very good. The latest ones even have electric start. Loudness can be an issue at some tracks. The gearbox has roadrace style close spacing, its really an excellent bike, but rare and little known.

Might be a nice track toy and then save my piggy motard for commuting and riding away from cops

Back to top Go down

TM660SMX Empty Re: TM660SMX

Post  Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:56 pm

I have never seen one of those but going by the 16,7:1 compression ratio ,... Gaaawd , that must be one expansive racing barsteward to keep , is 100+ octane fuel easy to get where you live ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 pm

I think id rather spend the money on the BIG red ( go wild ) lobby 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:I think id rather spend the money on the BIG red  ( go wild ) lobby 
I have been told by quite a few people not to buy it - They say if you buy a TM it is for life as you will never be able to sell it and when you can no longer fix it you can use it as a boat anchor.

I would love to test ride one though Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Already at double my budget on the BRP and I haven't even started putting it together beat head 

Back to top Go down

TM660SMX Empty rwhp

Post  Guest Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:33 am

ok so they say 75-80 at the crank, thats around 62-67 at the rear wheel, if it does run 16:1 comp ratio, it will be in constant need of mechanical repair, due to bigend problems, with some development the brp can yield 60+hp at the rear wheel, in a much more durable fashion, yes it will require very hi octane fuel at that comp ratio, methanol is run at 14.5:1, it would be fun while it lasted though

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:45 pm

16.7:1 compression ratio, is it a diesel?! shrug 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum