dashboards?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dashboards?

Post  RobbySkateboard on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:42 pm

I've been thinking of making a dashboard for my bike to hide the wires from my bd kit and want to get an idea of what you guys have on yours.

I'm hoping to build one and have my trail tech vapor on it, a USB and 12v plug and just hide those wires.

Also, anyone have the trailtech dashboard so you can have the lights for certain things? In the picture online it shows a lot of things but which ones work with the 650r? I don't think it would know you had low gas unless you hooked up a switch to your petcock and just reminded you you were on reserve, but can is there anyway to hook up the other stuff easily? (neutral light, signal indicators, lights?)
RobbySkateboard
L Rider

XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: dashboards?

Post  Mauser on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:22 pm

I would have thought lights and indicators would be dead easy....neutral light would be pretty hard to sort out along with other inputs such as fuel level....?
Any think is possible if you have enough time etc but is it really worth the effort Bump 

Mauser
Administrator

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  RobbySkateboard on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:20 pm

yeah, I could do the turn signals, high and low beams easy enough by just tapping into them, but I figured if the harness with the trailtech dashboard kit automatically could do that along with neutral light it might be worth it (because it'll be easier and look cleaner than if I did it myself)
RobbySkateboard
L Rider

XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top