XR No 5

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:47 pm

Engine is back and I'm making progress Smile







B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:58 pm

Couldn't find anyone local to rebuild my off road wheels so I had a go myself..

Happy with the results and wasn't as hard as I thought.

Just need to build the rear wheel now..

avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Mad Frosty on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:20 pm

You did a good job there , so when are you going to do mine ?  Wink 
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Xrsaylor01 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:13 pm

It's looking great! Can't wait to see the finished product.  2 thumbs 
avatar
Xrsaylor01
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-07-03

Posts : 54
Location : Berea, KY
XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:58 am

Mad Frosty wrote:You did a good job there , so when are you going to do mine ?  Wink 

Haha not hard to do if you got time.. Don't mind taking a chance on my wheels wouldn't want to be responsible for someone elses.

Won't be long now, just ordered a Pro Circuit T4 exhaust for it too.. Can't wait  Very Happy 
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Mauser on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:12 am

Did you measure the off-set on the rear wheel ?....don't think the rim sits in the middle of the hub.... BRP smile 

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1830
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Mad Frosty on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:32 am

B45HER wrote:
Mad Frosty wrote:You did a good job there , so when are you going to do mine ?  Wink 

Haha not hard to do if you got time.. Don't mind taking a chance on my wheels wouldn't want to be responsible for someone elses.

Won't be long now, just ordered a Pro Circuit T4 exhaust for it too.. Can't wait  Very Happy 

I was just joking , i could do the sandblasting and powder coating at work its easy , the only thing i am not confident doing is the respokeing / trueing the wheels as i have never done it before .
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Mauser wrote:Did you measure the off-set on the rear wheel ?....don't think the rim sits in the middle of the hub.... BRP smile 

No but I'm sure some helpful chaps on here would love to help me out  BRP smile 
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:
B45HER wrote:
Mad Frosty wrote:You did a good job there , so when are you going to do mine ?  Wink 

Haha not hard to do if you got time.. Don't mind taking a chance on my wheels wouldn't want to be responsible for someone elses.

Won't be long now, just ordered a Pro Circuit T4 exhaust for it too.. Can't wait  Very Happy 

I was just joking , i could do the sandblasting and powder coating at work its easy , the only thing i am not confident doing is the respokeing / trueing the wheels as i have never done it before .

Have a go.. Worst case is send off the build wheel for truing up.. Not too hard just takes ages took me 3 attempts to get it right
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:39 pm

I have had my Pro Circuit exhaust from the states, very happy with the looks and sound! Just a few more little bits to be done and it will be finished.

Kinda bought XR no 6 this morning too off eBay. Was so cheap I couldn't help myself. 12000 km a little tatty by the looks but dirt cheap... Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.  Very Happy 
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Mauser on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Saw that bike this morning but to far to collect....isle of white Smile.....bargain all the same.

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1830
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Mauser wrote:Saw that bike this morning but to far to collect....isle of white Smile.....bargain all the same.

Didn't pay the buy now price either  BRP smile  I will go down next week and stick it in my van.
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Xrsaylor01 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:19 am

So are we gonna see another picture thread, maybe XR no 6? naughty BRP smile 
avatar
Xrsaylor01
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-07-03

Posts : 54
Location : Berea, KY
XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:49 am

Xrsaylor01 wrote:So are we gonna see another picture thread, maybe XR no 6? naughty BRP smile 

Maybe, will see how bad it is when I get it.
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Mauser on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:24 am

If it's not what you want drop it off at mine....I feel like starting a piggy restoration  nice 

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1830
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  BuRP on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Yes, please do...... then I can offer Maus' a fee to stick his best-maintained immaculate stockstockstockstandard bike in a crate and send it far South  Wink 
avatar
BuRP
XRR Monger

Joined : 2010-10-18

Posts : 1577
Location : Pretoria Souf Efrika
XR650R Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Mauser wrote:If it's not what you want drop it off at mine....I feel like starting a piggy restoration  nice 

Haha that's ok will stick with it thanks. Picking it up wed so will put some pics up. Got a spare carb and can use my tank so will try get it going. Hasn't run since 2008, any top tips?
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Mauser on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:38 pm

Stick some oil down the plug hole before trying to start/kick her over let it soak down for half an hour....wouldn't want to bust a ring or 2....then personanly I would change all fluids, once up and running ship to Mauser's house ?

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1830
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:51 pm

Mauser wrote:Stick some oil down the plug hole before trying to start/kick her over let it soak down for half an hour....wouldn't want to bust a ring or 2....then personanly I would change all fluids, once up and running ship to Mauser's house ?

Ok will do, oil change that is not ship to yours.
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:09 pm

On the ferry back at the moment. Bike is in my van, its rough and corroded but turns over easily enough. Guy did put some oil down the plug hole when he parked it up after a year or so.



Will drop the oil tomorrow and see if I can get it going  BRP smile
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Mad Frosty on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:53 pm

Poor piggy  Sad 
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  ooeddym on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:26 am

Needs a little love.
avatar
ooeddym
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2013-01-28

Posts : 116
Location : Vancouver Wa
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Xrsaylor01 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:00 am

guess we're gonna see another restoration get started???  naughty

We do like pictures  BRP smile
avatar
Xrsaylor01
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2014-07-03

Posts : 54
Location : Berea, KY
XR650R Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:56 am

Xrsaylor01 wrote:guess we're gonna see another restoration get started???  naughty

We do like pictures  BRP smile

Well it's running this morning, after 6 years. Swapped the carb for a spare I have and swapped the coil from my other bike because it wasnt gettting any spark, changed the oil and its alive..  BRP smile 

Sounds like the valves need doing so just waiting for it to cool down and will do that too.


avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  B45HER on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:00 am

ooeddym wrote:Needs a little love.

Its been left outside for the last 2 years, some people have no idea! I'm going to try save it.. Here we go again
avatar
B45HER
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2010-06-13

Posts : 68
Location : Sunny South Wales
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Mad Frosty on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:21 pm

You are brave , i would just take it to bits for the spares , but thats me .
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: XR No 5

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum