Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lights led type

Go down

lights  led type Empty lights led type

Post  Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:59 pm

l was thinking of changing my stator and all to have some for power for lights mostly but a friend said that the led type bulbs are brighter and use less watts , l think my xr has only 55 watt out put and the light is 35 watt .
so l was wondering how much watts does the igntion need is the total watts meeting if l have 35 wattt light a 20 watt igntion l used all my wattage .
so if l find a led lamp which l'm told will use less watts and be brighter light l should be ok
let me know if you tryed this or is better for me to just change the stator , on ebay l see some different models some ac /dc and some straight ac l beleive but 150 watts to 200 watts
has any one tryed a led light with orginal stator with good lighting and what did you use
the thing with some stators one needs a battery to hold charge from stator and larger regulator recifier so more wiring to get it correct
thanks for any input
mike

Back to top Go down

lights  led type Empty leds

Post  Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 pm

yes ive done this, i still use led indicators, the flasher units ive been able to get to suit them only work on dc power, but as to the h/light, if your only concern is offroad, then a 35watt led floodlight works way better than even the light power i got off my std 75watt stator, runs perfectly off ac only, on the road i rigged it in conjunction with the std h/light so it worked on dip, it provided very good side illumination which was great for backroads or trails

Back to top Go down

lights  led type Empty Re: lights led type

Post  Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:04 pm

l believe the north american models only had 55 watt stators , not like yours a 75 watt stator . l need to check the specs again but think l'm correct .
doo you have any specs or pictures or location to purchase such a light your talking about tempory kiwi
mike

Back to top Go down

lights  led type Empty leds

Post  Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:28 pm

i just bought a square type  floodlight from a auto shop, i mted it on a bracket above the ascerbis light i had, used the white headlight wire[dip] to power it,i think it had 7 leds in the floodlight[35watts] so only used same amount of power as std light, just about twice as much illumination, yes american model has only 55watt stator output, if keeping that, id install a led tail/stoplight ive seen online that fits inside std gaurd mted tailight, by the way , your stator has a seporate winding that powers ignition

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:40 pm

thanks temporary kiwi
you may have solved my lighting issue for my needs with out going to a larger stator wattage
would you have a picture of your light and mount you placed on your bike
thanks mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:54 am

xr honda to the max wrote:thanks temporary kiwi
you may have solved my lighting issue for my needs with out going to a larger stator wattage
would you have a picture of your light and mount  you placed on your bike
thanks mike

Why not go and find a 35w LED light unit....it wont draw any more than the stock bulb and will no doubt give the equivilent of a much larger bulb...."if" it doesn't meet your needs then you will have to swap/rewind the stator.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down