Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

usd fork conversion

Go down

usd fork conversion Empty usd fork conversion

Post  Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:39 pm

putting a set of crf450r forks on my xr650r.
the question i can not seem to find concerns the caliper bracket....
i am using 05 crf forks and want to keep the xr wheels (have a really nice set of dirt rims and also supermoto wheels so don't want to change / sell / rebuy crf)

i know about the axle spacers, but do realize that after 03, the crf450 forks have a wider spacing for caliper mounting. i have been told that you can purchase the 04 crf450 caliper bracket and use it to attach xr caliper to these 05 crf forks and it should align properly with xr rotor?
if correct, i have looked at the oem parts fiche and can only assume the part number needed would be 45190-MEN-006...

anyone know if this is true and if this is the correct part?

thanks.

Back to top Go down

usd fork conversion Empty Re: usd fork conversion

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 pm

dr dave wrote:putting a set of crf450r forks on my xr650r.
the question i can not seem to find concerns the caliper bracket....
i am using 05 crf forks and want to keep the xr wheels (have a really nice set of dirt rims and also supermoto wheels so don't want to change / sell / rebuy crf)

i know about the axle spacers, but do realize that after 03, the crf450 forks have a wider spacing for caliper mounting.   i have been told that you can purchase the 04 crf450 caliper bracket and use it to attach xr caliper to these 05 crf forks and it should align properly with xr rotor?
if correct, i have looked at the oem parts fiche and can only assume the part number needed would be 45190-MEN-006...

anyone know if this is true and if this is the correct part?

thanks.

Not sure...but find enduroxr on ebay.co.uk and he'll tell you.

Back to top Go down