Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xr 650 r tanslate please

Go down

xr 650 r  tanslate please Empty xr 650 r tanslate please

Post  Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:58 pm

seen this tonight interesting and all and can see all but a summary of this would be great in my native tongue
thanks mike
oh where does get that head lamp assembly and housing , l like it
thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1VBb7jJsDs

Back to top Go down

xr 650 r  tanslate please Empty Re: xr 650 r tanslate please

Post  Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:03 am

l like the handle bar hand guard set where does one get a set , l also seen other info hope someone can translate some the info in this video
thanks mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:45 pm

The handguards are from Cycra , easy to buy .
The headlight is from Baja designs DS kit .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:51 pm

xr honda to the max wrote:seen this tonight interesting and all  and can see all but a summary of this would be great in my native tongue
thanks mike
oh where does get that head lamp assembly and housing , l like it
thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1VBb7jJsDs

Hi! I'm new here, just registred, only been reading before. I know Russian a little and still learning English, mostly by reading manuals and forums and watching cartoons. So if something will be misspelled or sound a bit rude, sorry for that, that will be mostly unintended, it is just the way my native language works )
So what language is your native? I can't identify if you're using google translate or this is a variant of English, sorry  BRP smile 

Anyway, a little background, mostly from comments, he's talking about his BRP, he bought it new 0 miles, he had wr450f, drz400s and some other bikes, have ridden exc530 and some other bikes before and after he got BRP, but doesn't want to buy anything else right now. Might think about 690 enduro R if they lower the price, twice or at least 1.5 :)But if someone offered him to exchange his BRP on a new 0 miles WR450F or similar 450cc he wouldn't agree, becouse he states that XR650R and WR450F are different bikes for different purposes, and for what conditions he mostly rides and for his riding style the BRP is a perfect bike

in a vid he mostly talks about basic things, which are discribed everywhere in English, but not so much in Russian
So, about what he says, roughly, with less details:
Today I'll be talking about adjustments and aftermarket stuff for Honda XR650R, in stock it's all restricted with different things which you need to take off it, otherwise it just doesn't move (russian short description about vehicles that should accelerate much faster but are instead accelerating like a scooter), so I'll tell you how it is done from the very beginning.
2:00
In stock there is an ecological system on a motorcycle, it's already taken off on mine... (describes how that system workes)...
3:00
to take that all off you need to buy a smog block off kit..
3:35
those American laws, thay make manufacturers to install all those metal pieces on all offroad bikes, we take that all off.
3:45
About exhaust. This cap have been modified by me from the stock one. I've cut the unnessesary part, drilled out the tube from inside, it was strongly restricting the exhaust. It's basically forward flow with nothing but this cap to restrict that Sound, that is resticted in USA, and the hp along it.
If you plan to replace the exhaust, then it is necessarily needs to be full exhaust, otherwise you will just change the sound and won't get any power increase. But for dual-sporting (he calls it Enduro tourism, wich on English would usually mean either Dual-sporting or trail riding) the modified stock is ok. You could also buy a different cap, but if you don't want to waste too much money just cut the stock one, it's doing it's job anyway.
6:00
Also if you want to put full exhaust you might consider making new holes in your airfilter cover in order for the engine to breath fully. But for dual-sporting, when you need to cross water obsticles, riding in mud, those holes are going to be just a hinder, for supermoto yes, you'll gain more hp and all, but for dual-sporting.. I don't think it is needed there.
7:00
(about removing plastic and rubber things from air filter box)
7:15 After that you can start jetting your carb.
Stock intake manifold is like this, with that little hole in it, you need a a bigger one, buy it. On European and Japanese they come big like this stock
7:55 You need to remove that thing from the carb, if it removes by itself it will cause many damage to the engine. Or you could buy one from xronly.
8:35 Needle on US version is like this, it's got only 2 positions, main jet is 125 and 62 slow jet
you need to replace all that with jet kit, like sci, 175 main jet, needle with 5 positions, you need it on 3d position and slow jet 62S. All of these will let a motorcycle run as it should, it's quite dynamic (fast) and the fuel consumption is not too much, like 7 liters per 100 kms. I tried 68S slow jet, but I got much higher (bad) fuel consumption, and a bit better power delivery. On our adventures we need fuel economy more than a bit more power
11:20 after you've done installing jet kit, turn the idle screw fully in, and then out 2.5 turns. That's all about uncorking, the bike should run like it should, if someone's getting not a very good result turn it +/- and look how it will work then.
11:55 this is the idle screw, on US version it is screwed with a special tool, you need to unscrew it and make it possible to be screwed with a screwdriver
12:20 First part is done, the motorcycle runs like it should.
Now for the second part about making it more comfortable to ride.
13:00 So first of all what you need to replace is handlebars. The stock one is probably made from plasticine, it will bend on the first fall, I chose the time-tested not on a first bike handlebars Pro Taper contour. It's fatter than stock, stock is 7/8 and this one is 1 1/8 in the middle, so you will need a different mounts, that will also rise the handlebars, I chose to rise it on 4.5 cm. With my height it's quite enough, if you want more your cables might not have enough length.
14:55 Hand guards. I recommend buying cycra becouse levers aren't touching it, hands can be easily sliped off (not get stuck in it), strong enough to handle falls, I probably haven't seen anything stronger (forged alloy or smth), and if you bend it you can bend it back but I never needed it, the plastic part is removable. I tried acerbis, they bend too much and if you need to bend it back, they are all covered in plastic, you'll have to damage it. mooseracing are also fine, but they've got different form, this one on cycra is better, plus when it gets cold those plastic things on it are realy protecting hands from wind, so you won't freeze them too much.
16:50 I'll show it all closer
19:00 when ordering see to it that thay will fit your handlebar.
19:40 when you rise the handlebar, you'll need to turn your throttle upside down
20:05 For more comfortable standing you'd better replace your foot pegs, they are much wider, it is easier to balance on them. It is preferable to buy ims, they are tested, very strong. There are cheaper things on ebay, but I don't recomend them, they are frequently defective and don't fit at all or on a wrong angle.
21:30 Electrics. On US version there is AC, so you wouldn't be able to use many different equipment that you will be installing. I just bought trailtech with capacitor (some people use diode bridge to modify stock wiring). After that is done you've got DC.
22:10 When you ride slow somewhere you necessarily need a fan, otherwise it will be overheating.  I installed a fan from ktm. I chose to do it through a switch (24:15) and not a thermo-sensor, it's more reliable that way.
24:20 this button turns off the headlight in order to let other equipment have more power, becouse the stock stator is only 55 or like in my case 75 Watt. If you need more you can install aftermarket stator.
26:00 Lights. stock is plastic and is smaller. after about 4000 kms it's becoming too dim. I installed Baja designs. It uses H4 bulb, 35 W is enogh for me, with aftermarket stator you can insert 55 W. Stock headlight uses special bulb that you won't be able to replace anywhere.
28:00 Next we replace odometer, this useless thing that you can't use for anything. I replaced it with vapor. (tells about features of vapor and places of interest when installing it) Alloy holder I made myself.
32:00 GPS. Didn't connect it to the bike, it's battary capacity is enough for several days, and I take a spare battaries with me.
34:00 Fuel tank. IMS and Clark are optimal, acerbis is wider and not that comfortable, but when it's not full the gravity center is lower than with ims or clark
36:15 What else can I add?
36:40 this bag instead of rack from mooseracing, lets you lighten up your backpack, all the tools like wrenches or water you can put there
38:00 the sky is the limit in making this bike perfect, you can add many other things to it if you want to

P.S. there are also some vids about his rides on his youtube page, like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTqe0eNKEpE

Last edited by MCVL on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : link added)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Nice job on the translation. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:42 pm

thanks MCVL
mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:20 pm

Thanks for the translate, not sure how a US model with 0 miles ended up in Russia !!!
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:00 pm

How on earth did he find a zero mileage bike!?... hats off to him just for that! Nice mods...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:03 am

It cost him about 8500-9200USD with the cost of transporting to Russia, said he found it in some shop in USA 3 years ago and couldn't resist buying it  BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum