jerky pig

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bad throttle resonse

Post  temporary kiwi on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:40 am

have you checked the operation of the acl valve?

temporary kiwi
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2013-04-10

Posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  AURORA on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:32 am

Yesterday, I posted this on the wrong post.

Air cutoff valve bad?

Are the jets and needle OEM Keihin or aftermarket? You must use OEM. Aftermarket manufacture's jets and needles can be all over the place in regard to true size due to crappy manufacturing tolerances. For example, even though it states it is a 68 the true sie could be a 60.

Some bikes like 70 pilot.

So you float is at the proper level?

Did you properly assembled Air cutoff valve bad?

Are the jets and needle OEM Keihin or aftermarket? You must use OEM. Aftermarket manufacture's jets and needles can be all over the place in regard to true size due to crappy manufacturing tolerances. For example, even though it states it is a 68 the true sie could be a 60.

Some bikes like 70 pilot.

So you float is at the proper level?

Did you properly assemble the fuel/air screw?
avatar
AURORA
XRR Freak

Joined : 2008-12-09

Posts : 689
Location : PHOENIX
XR650R Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  MCVL on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:32 am

What octane gasoline are you using?
Standing for 4 months the only thing that would realy change is the octane number decreasing
avatar
MCVL
L Rider

Joined : 2014-02-08

Posts : 9
Location : Kazakhstan
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  BuRP on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:26 pm

Mark,

on the LHS of the std carb is a lil' cover - behind which a small membrane lives.
The cover has a tiny bore in it - plug it with a drop of silicone or epoxy glue.
Let dry, reassemble & ride.... better now?

 BRP smile 
avatar
BuRP
XRR Monger

Joined : 2010-10-18

Posts : 1577
Location : Pretoria Souf Efrika
XR650R Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  SkidMark on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:47 am

hmmmm - you think that will fix? I had the carb apart and checked all that was in good condition and working but decided not to do that mod becasue of mixed reviews online - will give it ago though if you think that will fix it.

Cheers
SkidMark
avatar
SkidMark
XRR Freak

Joined : 2012-05-16

Posts : 321
Location : Liberia
XR650R Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  Mauser on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:49 am

SkidMark wrote:hmmmm - you think that will fix?  I had the carb apart and checked all that was in good condition and working but decided not to do that mod becasue of mixed reviews online - will give it ago though if you think that will fix it.

Cheers
SkidMark

I agree I wouldn't bugger with my carb, try something less radical if you can maybe a rubber bung you could remove easily...pop it in try her out see what happens etc....
I heard another fix was to turn your carb right round and fit it backwards....not sure if it's a reliable source or not dummy

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1830
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  MCVL on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:11 am

Mauser wrote:try something less radical
Maybe cheaper petrol?  BRP smile 
It won't die becouse of a few dozens of miles, it didn't even when I had to fill it with 3/4 80-octane gasoline and 1/4 diesel mix in the middle of nowhere, just a little detonation if whacked the throttle to hard
avatar
MCVL
L Rider

Joined : 2014-02-08

Posts : 9
Location : Kazakhstan
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  Mauser on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:21 am

MCVL wrote:
Mauser wrote:try something less radical
Maybe cheaper petrol?  BRP smile 
It won't die becouse of a few dozens of miles, it didn't even when I had to fill it with 3/4 80-octane gasoline and 1/4 diesel mix in the middle of nowhere, just a little detonation if whacked the throttle to hard

My comments were aimed at Mark's problems  BRP smile 

_________________
Current ~  XR650R ~ XJR1300SP ~ ZX12-R ~ DT175MX
Previous Bikes XR250R ~ DT125R ~ GPZ1100 ~ RD350LC ~ XL125R ~ MT5
avatar
Mauser
Administrator

Joined : 2010-09-13

Posts : 1830
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  MCVL on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:26 am

Mauser wrote:
My comments were aimed at Mark's problems  BRP smile 
Oh, smth about the chain slack problem, I didn't see it, sry Smile
P.S. I must have overworked a bit  crazy
avatar
MCVL
L Rider

Joined : 2014-02-08

Posts : 9
Location : Kazakhstan
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  Mad Frosty on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:05 am

Mauser wrote:
SkidMark wrote:hmmmm - you think that will fix?  I had the carb apart and checked all that was in good condition and working but decided not to do that mod becasue of mixed reviews online - will give it ago though if you think that will fix it.

Cheers
SkidMark

I agree I wouldn't bugger with my carb, try something less radical if you can maybe a rubber bung you could remove easily...pop it in try her out see what happens etc....
I heard another fix was to turn your carb right round and fit it backwards....not sure if it's a reliable source or not  dummy

That is very dangerous mod mauser , it will add extra 20 hp to he bike and people cannot handle all that power - resulting in nasty accidents  listen up 

Kepp your sticky fingers of my posts  dummy 
avatar
Mad Frosty
XRR Monger

Joined : 2012-11-26

Posts : 1179
Location : UK
XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  BuRP on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:07 am

TJE wrote: ... and clearly a virgin mechanic too!


Thomas, I'll be honest with you: I am ab-so-lu-te-ly fed up with my current job, and wish to relocate, do something else or whatever, but a change it must be!
Hence me taking interest in your line above, it tickled my fancy immeasurably!
Please help this old geezer to indulge a bit will ya?
Where do I go for training to become a virgin mechanic, what are the cost involved, and does one get to work on real virgins?

 BRP smile  Bump
avatar
BuRP
XRR Monger

Joined : 2010-10-18

Posts : 1577
Location : Pretoria Souf Efrika
XR650R Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Re: jerky pig

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum