Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need tire advise

Go down

Need tire advise  Empty Need tire advise

Post  Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:00 am

Ok guys I know there's a lot of threads on here but I'm very new to dirtbike tires and looking for your advice.

I'm about ready for tires and am not sure what to get. I ride prob close to 50/50 road/dirt maybe closer to 60/40 r/d. I ride a lot of gravel and lose dirt but also Mudd. I'm also a big dude at 255 pounds.

I have trail wings on now and don't like them on or off road. They seem to slide a lot. I've read the mt21s and d606s are popular but just wanted options based on my riding.

Obviously they need to be DOT tires

Back to top Go down

Need tire advise  Empty Re: Need tire advise

Post  Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Front - MT21
Rear - Mefo SuperExplorer

Love them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:31 pm

TKC80 front , not sure about the rear as what works on road sucks badly on dirt and vice versa .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:33 pm

Mefo Superexplorer , excelent tyres until it gets wet and  deep  Bump 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:35 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Mefo Superexplorer , excelent tyres until it gets wet and  deep   Bump 

Oh no i hope certain soufefrikan member never reads this  goof 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Mefo Superexplorer , excelent tyres until it gets wet and  deep   Bump 

Yep. It's all a compromise eh.

Wet and deep.... heehee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:16 pm

For 50/50 i would still use the MT21.

There's no perfect tire for 50/50 that gives you excelent traction on grave, sand and mud.

You could use some TKC or Karoo with better traction on groad or MT21 with better traction offroaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:00 pm

I have a Kenda 270 on that back, needed a cheap swap from the burnt stock tire when I bought the bike and I have been unexpectedly satisfied. Feels good cornering on the road and and has gotten me through some rocky power lines. Not to mention fairly minimal wear for a tire that may or may not get subjected to copious amounts of pavement wheelies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:48 pm

PigInTheCity wrote:I have a Kenda 270 on that back, needed a cheap swap from the burnt stock tire when I bought the bike and I have been unexpectedly satisfied. Feels good cornering on the road and  and has gotten me through some rocky power lines. Not to mention fairly minimal wear for a tire that may or may not get subjected to copious amounts of pavement wheelies.

Very popular DS tyre  nice 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down