Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BD Passenger pegs

Go down

BD Passenger pegs Empty BD Passenger pegs

Post  Guest Thu May 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Baja Designs Passenger Footpegs. The sub-frame seems inadequate for the task (as well as the seat) but my lady is rather small and I figured I would give them a shot instead of listening to her complain that I should buy something she can ride on. It got to the point where she had me seriously looking at a Drz400sm. The Honda/Suzuki shop is right across the street and they had a 2013 for short money. Man am I glad I didnt do anything stupid.

Got em in yesterday and went for the install. The left side bracket was a bit of a pain. After removing chain roller and guide,the sub-frame and mounting holes become askew and trying to realign with one hand and install bolts,bracket,guide,and spacer with the other hand took an extra minute.

The right side is a bit easier but when folded up the peg hits the rear plastic. Was wondering if anyone else had these and had a similar problem?

Back to top Go down

BD Passenger pegs Empty Re: BD Passenger pegs

Post  Guest Fri May 23, 2014 12:03 am

I am sorry to say this but pig was designed to carry 1 rider and nothing else , the rear subframe is the biggest weakness of the bike so be aware that the subframe might eventualy fail , then its the seat and suspension , and as with most things there is a solution to every problem , get the steel subframe to start with or buy more suitable bike
 StirPot 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 23, 2014 12:28 am

Soooooo you dont have the pegs? Being that she's a small gal, I am 170 soakin wet and she would only be on for minutes at a time, street riding. . . I am not worried about suspension failure or seat failure. I am going to take my chances with the subframe instead of sacrificing the bike. She will just have to hold on tight to me and me to the bars incase it does.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Baja just called and said they machined the bracket wrong. Sending a new one and a free tshirt! Good customer service for sure, sucks that it will be over a month from initial order to install.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 26, 2014 8:05 am

Passenger pegs on an R..... you're going to mount tassels next? And, coz you said she's small framed a sissy bar won't go amiss!
The R is an anti-social bike for idiots like me who revel in power, and do the dirty thing alone if not remote... geddit? Maddy's right, the subframe will give in, and it'll do this when landing or when going through a dip, downright dangerous actually. Besides, it's a dirtbike, you're going to do whoops with a passenger??
If you ride roads it's the wrong bike, a DR650 is MUCH better then, and I'm absolutely serious here. Or look at the L, less is more here. Oh, all pegs are/were 3rd party products, Honda never mounted them - should tell you something innit? Love yer wife and leave her home, or buy her a CRF230: she'll fit on it, utterly reliable as well as surprisingly capable. Dirtcheap too, and you'll nick it to tackle those technical bits where the R won't do  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down