Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transformation

Go down

Transformation Empty Transformation

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Transformation to Long distance overlander. Ewan & Charlie better watch out!  razz 

Transformation Imagejpg2_zps37ee6e02

Transformation Imagejpg4_zps991912a0

Off to the Pyrenees in a couple of weeks for a test ride.  rider

Back to top Go down

Transformation Empty Re: Transformation

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:55 pm

And where are you going to sit ?

I think that the Giant loop coyote model fits the bike much better , smaller i know but designed to fit the XR and more offroad oriented bikes , the great bassin fits the bigger touring / more road oriented bikes ( bmw gs ,... ) better but it just looks wrong on the small piggy , but then you get the greater capacity so i guess that is what matters to you more .

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Would you sell your radiator shrouds ?....struggling to find a 2002 set of panels mine are OK for off-roading but tatty on my super clean bike....found a set in the US but they are 2003...doh
Brand new right panel....2003...grrr
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-XR650R-Radiator-Shroud-Cover-R-H-Side-New-/321423261661?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4ad651bfdd

US set 2003...doh
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271478494907?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:46 pm

More room than there looks Frosty. I did 100 miles that day without any problems. But I have reorganised and managed to get it further back giving me plenty of room. Very Happy 

Sorry Mauser, not selling the shrouds. I expect I'll be putting them back on with the stock tank when I get back. I'll be doing some green laning and want the option of swapping tanks. 
 nice

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:23 pm

No problem, hoping to get a new set from the states with 2002 graphics on... Bump 
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Geez Maus'
so it's only the graphics you're after? Git nu plastics and have yer own made, and then have a few sets printed so you can park it flat on the floor at times...... ahem, you know, also you will do this, if not sooner than laters  Bump 

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:45 pm

BuRP wrote:Geez Maus'
so it's only the graphics you're after? Git nu plastics and have yer own made, and then have a few sets printed so you can park it flat on the floor at times...... ahem, you know, also you will do this, if not sooner than laters  Bump 

You Roughneck....I want OEM stickers on OEM shrouds and right stickers for my year bike !!! £102 posted from the states...bit steep might try my local dealership.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Mauser wrote:
BuRP wrote:Geez Maus'

You Roughneck....I want OEM stickers on OEM shrouds and right stickers for my year bike !!! £102 posted from the states...bit steep might try my local dealership.

No way £188 from Honda....rip off Britain  listen up order a set from the USA 2002 graphics £87 including postage + import duties....? got to work out cheaper.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:20 pm

You could have ask one of the american lads to buy and send them to you as a low value package to avoid the ridiculous import Tax  USA 

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:28 pm

I could have but not really worth bothering others over VAT  Bump only money end of the day and I have loads tucked away doing nowt.
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down