Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New type of CDI good or bad

Go down

New type of CDI  good or bad  Empty New type of CDI good or bad

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Just found this on eblablay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-PROGRAMMABLE-CDI-UNIT-2-CURVE-Honda-XR650R-00-07-SAVE-40-CD1605-D2-/251565089901?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3a9272a46d

Does anyone know more about it ? , is it better than the xr's only unit ?
two maps sound as a good idea in theory but there have been far too many " magick boxes " claiming unrealistic improovements on the web in the past and most of them worked on the placebo efect only  shrug 

Back to top Go down

New type of CDI  good or bad  Empty Re: New type of CDI good or bad

Post  Mauser Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:33 pm

I heard the XR's Only is simply a stock XR400 unit badged with their name ?.....cannot see them designing and making their own unit from scratch  listen up 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:17 am

That's a tough one, I know there have been a lot of discussions around the aftermarket CDI's compared to factory units. I think the main difference would be timing and all the manufacturers are limited to a maximum and minimum timing curve. For the money its not that noticeable, I did go with the xr400 cdi because I found one for a good deal but its not like plugging in huge power gains. It was more subtle like it idled a bit smoother and started a little easer and the throttle was a tad bit crisper but when I say subtle it could be so small that the improvements are all in my head. The best bang for the buck is a full exhaust in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Nice unit, programmable!
Nice price too, but Electrex stuff seems to work.
Who is going to drop money on it and play with it? Probably someone who owns a SM and has a turbo mounted  Bump 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Mauser do you want to sell your Original CDI ? , nothing wrong with mine i am looking for a spare unit , trying to collect as many spares as possible while there is still plenty around .
Might even buy a second xrr to keep as a spare  scratch 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Mauser wrote:I heard the XR's Only is simply a stock XR400 unit badged with their name ?.....cannot see them designing and making their own unit from scratch  listen up 

I have found out that The XR's only CDI its a Procom analog unit so i woud stay clear from that . The OEM its better .

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Mad Frosty wrote:Mauser do you want to sell your Original CDI ? , nothing wrong with mine i am looking for a spare unit , trying to collect as many spares as possible while there is still plenty around .

Sorry m8 for what it's worth I will keep the CDI not that hard up for the space or the £££  BRP smile Glad your CDI is OK did you sort your loom problem ?....not spoke to Paul yet and I'm off to Majorca Saturday for 10 days.....ahhhh sunshine  Bump Bump Bump 
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Mauser wrote:
Mad Frosty wrote:Mauser do you want to sell your Original CDI ? , nothing wrong with mine i am looking for a spare unit , trying to collect as many spares as possible while there is still plenty around .

Sorry m8 for what it's worth I will keep the CDI not that hard up for the space or the £££  BRP smile Glad your CDI is OK did you sort your loom problem ?....not spoke to Paul yet and I'm off to Majorca Saturday for 10 days.....ahhhh sunshine  Bump Bump Bump 

I have spoken to Paul  yesterday   , too late to call him now ( bloody overtime )  , he promised to have a look around if he has any spare  wireing loom .

Its funny how things work sometimes , i wanted to buy a spare CDI  and now it seems   that i actualy might need one  , not sure yet but there is something wrong with my electrics as the bike does not start   beat head  ,  i am starting to think that i am  new prophet  Shocked 

Good news is that one of our members , Kirki  lives few minutes from my work place  and it seems he is willing to help me by allowing me to install my CDI in his bike to test if its broken or not  ,  Great man  2 thumbs 
I think this ist the only way how to test the CDI .
Anyway enjoy your vacation , and dont get sunburn because it hurts  BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down