Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LED Headlight Bulb Single Pole US Headlight

Go down

LED Headlight Bulb Single Pole US Headlight Empty LED Headlight Bulb Single Pole US Headlight

Post  Mauser Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if there is a replacement for the stock US headlight bulb....single pole not 2 pole...? My bulb won't last much longer and I would like a LED replacement don't need to be bright as I don't ride in the dark but my lights are on all the time the engine is on so would like an LED which should last a lot longer than the stock filament bulb... listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

LED Headlight Bulb Single Pole US Headlight Empty Re: LED Headlight Bulb Single Pole US Headlight

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:55 pm

I am sure that there will be something suitable that would fit or fit with little modification on the evilbay .
What type is the bulb in the US light ?

Back to top Go down

LED Headlight Bulb Single Pole US Headlight Empty Re: LED Headlight Bulb Single Pole US Headlight

Post  Mauser Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Here is the stock US bulb.....bit of a weird type might end up making/modifying an existing bulb....
http://www.cmsnl.com/xr650r-usa_model1161/bulb-headlight-1_34901mn1671/
Was hoping for a LED replacement Smile....
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:45 pm

I replaced mine with the Honda xr400 glass headlight unit with wiring and rubber boot(paid 45.00 U.S. dollars for whole unit) as this takes the h3 type bulb that you can buy at any auto parts store! I put a 55w h3 and crimped bullet type connection but I have found you can crease or fold the flat connector that is pretty standard with these type of bulbs and it slid in the female end(don't get excited now  BRP smile ) bullet style connector!

I have not tried a led bulb yet but I have seen them! Here is some links you can check out!  
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/HONDA/2004/XR400R/HEADLIGHT-UNIT-%28OPTIONAL%29

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-H3-Car-SMD-26-LED-White-Headlight-Bulb-Head-Light-12V-3W-US-fast-ship-/191032403027?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7a6b2453&vxp=mtr

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:03 am

Ahhh but I love the stock US headlight....all that light weight plastic and originality I do have the complete set-up for my bike to turn it into a virtual UK spec, loom, switchgear, stator, regulator/rectifier, front master cylinder, headlight and surround lol....just wanted to keep it simple and fit an LED bulb into my standard US headlight....I don't think anyway makes a bulb so will have a play and make my own when the current bulb pops....it's a bit black last time I looked listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down