Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Programmable XR650R CDI and Bluetooth iOS/Android App

Go down

Programmable XR650R CDI and Bluetooth iOS/Android App Empty Programmable XR650R CDI and Bluetooth iOS/Android App

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:55 am

I've started a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to manufacture a programmable CDI I've been working on.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1447260308/programmable-motorcycle-cdi-and-bluetooth-ios-andr

This first campaign is for the Honda XR650R and XR650L. Feel free to request other models for next time.

It's a direct swap for the stock CDI, same connector. You set the ignition timing curve using an iOS or Android device and the CDI remembers your last settings. If you keep your phone on while you ride you also get a tachometer and speedometer.

The stock CDIs are usually fine for stock bikes, but for bikes that have been heavily modified or that are far above sea level or that use non-standard fuel it's important to have control over the timing curve.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Back to top Go down

Programmable XR650R CDI and Bluetooth iOS/Android App Empty Re: Programmable XR650R CDI and Bluetooth iOS/Android App

Post  Mauser Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Many just fit the XR400 CDI as this has a similar map with an increased rev range...Smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Programmable XR650R CDI and Bluetooth iOS/Android App Empty Re: Programmable XR650R CDI and Bluetooth iOS/Android App

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:09 pm

You have missed the word " programmable "   Mausie  razz
Sounds like a good idea , for those that would use it and ride with a smartphone on the handlebars  so they can see more information  on the screen ( revs , temperature ,... ) , and change /modify the map as they please .

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:44 am

Ahhh I keep forgetting Fruity your bike might need a programmable CDI as yours won't power wheelie in every gear like every over XR out there.... asking for it maybe you need to donate more as you need these device ASAP....?
Me and my bike will be stopping with the 400CDI and by now have got used to riding everywhere on the back wheel....so much I have sold my spare front tyres as no longer needed StirPot
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 am

I am happy with the original CDI no need to change it , since the carb was sorted the bike wheelies in first two gears , cannot believe how powerfull this little 650 is , went over a little bump few times yesterday at full throttle in fifth gear and ended up wheeling and air born few times , bit scary i have to admit pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:10 pm

It's not necessarily about trying to get a performance boost, it's more about tuning the ignition timing curve to match your mods, fuel, and elevation.

Back to top Go down

Programmable XR650R CDI and Bluetooth iOS/Android App Empty adjustable cdi

Post  Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:23 am

yes!, ive been looking for something like this, it sounds easier than remaking the mts for the igntion pulse generator, which ive been considering as an answer to getting a better start point for the ign timing, im running a xr400 one at present mainly for the 2 less degree's of advance, i see that the ignition is limiting the power production, and can be detrimental to the longevity of the eng due to ign detonation blowing little end bushes etc, im sure that those orange bikes are getting huge power gains from modern targeting ignitions, be very nice to be able to update it....

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down