Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Needle Part Numbers B53e vs B53f vs ?

Go down

Needle Part Numbers B53e vs B53f vs ? Empty Needle Part Numbers B53e vs B53f vs ?

Post  Guest Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:56 am

What does your stock needle have stamped on it? I am just trying to get a definitive answer because I have heard some people say the b53f is stock but others say it is a different needle. I feel like my bike runs better with the b53f on the 4th clip than the b53e on the 3rd clip.

Supposedly, the b53e is richer 1/4 throttle-1/2 throttle which I assume may have to do with honda recommending 65 pilot with the uncorking. When using the 68s, is it possible the stock needle could be better matched?

I bought the b53e and have been switching needles back and forth and trying different settings.

Anyone else have experiences with these 2 needles?

Back to top Go down

Needle Part Numbers B53e vs B53f vs ? Empty Re: Needle Part Numbers B53e vs B53f vs ?

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:14 am

Is your bike fully uncorked ,not running right? I tried to look for my stock needle but cant find it! I am sure somebody has the stock needle and can post a pic for you! I think the B53e has a richer taper than the stock?  you want to run what the Honda tech bulletin says for the uncorking! you might have to change jets for your riding area elevation, temp, dry or humid conditions, air filter, exhaust  etc...

This what I am running in mine
B53e needle
clip 3rd groove (center)
68s pilot jet
pilot screw 2 turns out from lightly seated  
Honda competition spark arrestor
Honda carb insulator intake boot upgrade
no toil air filter
2 air baffles removed from air box
I was running 175 main but went to a 172 main bike is more snappier, I ride mostly when temps are between 65-85f i felt the 175 was a little too rich and ride around 275-500 elev. bike will start first kick cold with choke on

make sure your carb is really really really clean!

Back to top Go down

Needle Part Numbers B53e vs B53f vs ? Empty Re: Needle Part Numbers B53e vs B53f vs ?

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:47 am

My bike runs pretty well actually. It's quick ,but I just feel like something is just a little off. I think I may just be a little too rich on the main. I have a 175 in but it is getting very humid and hot (90 degrees and 80% humidity) so I think I just need to bump it down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:07 am

shane3 wrote:My bike runs pretty well actually.   It's quick ,but I just feel like something is just a little off.   I think I may just be a little too rich on the main.  I have a 175 in but it is getting very humid and hot (90 degrees and 80% humidity) so I think I just need to bump it down.  

whats your plug look like? try going down a jet size 172 might be your answer and easy enough too change!

172 main jet Honda part #99101-357-1720 hope this helps!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Drop the jetneedle a notch by upping the clip, or half a notch by putting the small washer from under to over the clip or vice versa.
If this proves a better ride everywhere leave it.
If this solves the problem up in the revs but you loose a bit of power low down then mount a smaller main and raise the needle to where it was again.
If you loose power everywhere then it was too lean, so go back to the drawing board BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down