Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kick Start Lever Came loose and lost it on my weekend ride

Go down

Kick Start Lever Came loose and lost it on my weekend ride Empty Kick Start Lever Came loose and lost it on my weekend ride

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:13 am

Guys,
Have anybody happen the same with the kick start lever? I am trying to find a used one since dealership will take 4 weeks to bring it in.

Please let me know what to do to avoid this from happening again, I was thinking to loctite the screw?

I notice on our BRP is too much vibration while riding them, Mine got a lot better with the new marchessini wheels super motard set up anyway but still loosing up screws, a couple of weeks before I lost one of the shield bolt on the exhaust!
You guys do torque once in a while all the bolts? I don't ride a lot, I only go to work and go around to do some errands in my area.

Thanks and let me know what you guys do on yours!

Back to top Go down

Kick Start Lever Came loose and lost it on my weekend ride Empty Re: Kick Start Lever Came loose and lost it on my weekend ride

Post  Mauser Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:32 am

I lost a rear fender screw sometime over last few ride outs....easy to replace but as you say vibration shakes them out, I used a few turns of PTFE tape as not using thread lock on inserts, you could use spring washer ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Kick Start Lever Came loose and lost it on my weekend ride Empty Re: Kick Start Lever Came loose and lost it on my weekend ride

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:34 am

I have a Rekluse auto clutch, which means I cannot bump start, so I use thread locker and a blob of GOOP or silicone on the head of the bolt to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down