Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XR650R Loud knocking after exit the HWY

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

XR650R Loud knocking after exit the HWY - Page 5 Empty Time to switch to Fully Synthetic oil?

Post  Guest Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Hey Guys,
I want to change to fully synth oil, I know Burrp was saying some brands like the shell helix but is this car oil or special for motorcycles? also is too early to switch or should I wait a bit more?

Back to top Go down

XR650R Loud knocking after exit the HWY - Page 5 Empty Re: XR650R Loud knocking after exit the HWY

Post  Guest Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:48 pm

I think i will hold off on checking the valves and do it this winter when i tear her down for maintenance!

I use too run shell rotella then switched to this stuff , my bike shifts smoother engine sounds strong and spot on (my opinion) and the big pig seems too like it! i started using it this summer and have put the most mileage/hours since owning my bike and oil still looks the same color as i have not changed it yet!

There are a lot of differing opinions on which is best oil for the pig i just run what i feel is best for my bike!

XR650R Loud knocking after exit the HWY - Page 5 DB40

Back to top Go down

XR650R Loud knocking after exit the HWY - Page 5 Empty Re: XR650R Loud knocking after exit the HWY

Post  Mauser Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:39 pm

I use Silkolene Super 4 Semi-Synthetic on all 4 bikes, seems fine on them all...175cc to 1300cc listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:42 pm

Guys I Am Happy with the rebuilt on my bike! Everything works out really good! The only issue I had was the carb was over flodding and got stuck a couple of times so I decided to take her yesterday to the dealer and see if they can adjusted properly. I got new sticker which I will wait to install them after they are done with her!
Here is a pic of my ride enjoy it !
XR650R Loud knocking after exit the HWY - Page 5 Th_IMG_0001_zpsprc4jj3j

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:47 pm

Thank you for all the help and support while she was under rebuilt! I may have to go some upgrades sooner!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:08 am

bikerman wrote:Thank you for all the help and support while she was under rebuilt! I may have to go some upgrades sooner!

Glad too hear your Bike is back up and running Bikerman! I changed out my stock footpegs (which are junk) and mounted a pair of IMS pro series footpegs feel more planted too the Bike now!
XR650R Loud knocking after exit the HWY - Page 5 X001-y10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Guys I got a call from the honda dealer about the carburator, they told me "We found out that your bike has wrong settings on the needle and because you have an aftermarket cam and we are not a performance shop we recommend to go back to stock carb setting" . What the heck! The first thing I told the guy was I have an HRC cam stage 1! He should say to me sorry we can not bring the bike in since we are not a performance shop, period!! Anyway anybody will know how can I try to fix it myself? Any basic setting to start for the HRC cam stage 1 with a stock piston?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:17 pm

I know bugger all about tuning but my thoughts are the stage 1 cam will still require the same amount of fuel/air as stock ?....doesn't the cam just delay/advance the actual valve opening times to optimise the bang generated ?....to obtain the highest pressures etc and as such more power ?....or am I talking $h1t listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:54 pm

Yo Bikerman,

also for you: what happened since?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Not much after I got it back from the dealer I just parked in my garage and make an appointment with a racing shop so they can tune it up for me in March. I am not good at tunning!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:39 pm

I C, and March probably being "less farking coooooold than now" makes sense Bump
Re your Q above, any cam hotter than std will increase flow through the engine - of course: the more flow the higher the performance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Yes sir you'r right! It is fricking cold here now!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5