Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trailtech vapour power

Go down

trailtech vapour power Empty trailtech vapour power

Post  Guest Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi, recently had me a trailtech vapour for 650r, it says i can splice into the wiring to get a constant power suply, but how do i do this?? from where and to where? all wires i have are a direct plug in

Back to top Go down

trailtech vapour power Empty Re: trailtech vapour power

Post  Mauser Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Should have 12volts to rear light or coming straight out of the regulator under the seat....that's AC not DC by the way Smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Yes but where do i connect that up to on the trailtech?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:21 pm

If it were me I would get some Japanese connectors from fleabay and make a short lead which will connect into existing loom without cutting it ?.....they do a piggy back connector....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bullet-Connectors-Terminals-3-9mm-Male-Female-Double-Assortment-Japanese-/170711512131?hash=item27bf32f443:m:mrTTOgH1tXLJr6ndhwDGpRg
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:37 pm

What i dont understand is where i wire it to the trailtech unit?
If i connect a wire from my brake light or headlight then where do i connect it upto the unit?
witch wires from the trailtech join my brakelight/headlight?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:46 pm

Sorry I thought you knew what wires did what and were struggling where to connect back to the bike ?, what model do you have ?....have you Googled it ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:02 am

this is how I connected mine, I cut the wires before the regulator/rectifier and connected a dual female bullet connector to the regulator/rectifier side and single male bullet connector to the trailtech and main harness side.

I can isolate my battery and the trailtech still gets enough volts at idle to work. Also I believe the trailtech can run on AC or DC so you could power it off the lighting circuit.

trailtech vapour power Batter10

hth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:29 am

Correct, TT's take any supply, up to 400V I think, AC or DC - so just connect the TT's power cable wires (2!) to wherever you find a potential.... and that you do with a mulitmeter!
Simple hmm? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:25 am

appleseed wrote:this is how I connected mine, I cut the wires before the regulator/rectifier and connected a dual female bullet connector to the regulator/rectifier side and single male bullet connector to the trailtech and main harness side.

I can isolate my battery and the trailtech still gets enough volts at idle to work. Also I believe the trailtech can run on AC or DC so you could power it off the lighting circuit.

trailtech vapour power Batter10

hth

Hi Appleseed
Where did you site your battery, and what size/model was it.
I bought a 200w stator, just not got round to fitting it yet.Frustrated My plan is to fit a battery at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:57 pm

I run a 1300 nimh battery pack under the bracket (part number 5 in the microfiche) that used to hold the original speedo. it doesnt hold enough juice to power things for very long with the engine off but it server its purpose.

trailtech vapour power Bracke10

I put the battery in a small water proof case (Lomo Drybox 17 Mini Size Transparent - Orange / Clear. Kayak Dry Box). Had to drill a few holes for wires and mounting bolts in it but i have not had any issues (just used some sugru to seal it up)
trailtech vapour power Box10

I also tried a 3700 mah trail tech battery but it was a bit tight squeeze in the dry box, so i went back to the 1300 mah battery as there wasnt any real advantage for me in having the 3700 mah battery (also i was worried it would get damaged in the dry box and catch fire or leak crap.

I dont run the standard headlight shroud but it probably would work with the standard shroud but you may need to stabilise the bracket with some home made brackets.

The trailtech probably would fit under the seat as well but for me that would mean extra wiring going back under the tank etc and may need water proofing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down