Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rim and Spokes

Go down

New Rim and Spokes Empty New Rim and Spokes

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:22 pm

Fed up with spokes coming loose and breaking on the 2nd of my XR rear wheels I contacted http://everythingbutbikes.com/ to see what he could do. No problem, New rim in stock and he would go up a gauge on the spoke size to give it more strength. I'm well pleased with the result and the superfast turn around. I've resisted the CRF front end long enough. With all the bits to convert now in the garage once the Pig is MOT'd ..........
New Rim and Spokes IMG_2319

Back to top Go down

New Rim and Spokes Empty Re: New Rim and Spokes

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Nice Hew! rim and spokes look sharp and super strong and is that a new hub? also do you know if there available over here in the states?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:09 pm

Would be interested in a rear re-spoke price with stock rim/hub.....can never seem to get the stock spokes clean enough....and they tarnish within minutes lol Bananatool
Nice wheels by the way razz
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:35 pm

JRZ7285 wrote:Nice Hew! rim and spokes look sharp and super strong and is that a new hub? also do you know if there available over here in the states?

Original hub, he just polished it up during the build. I really should have done a before and after. The rims will be available in the USA but he makes his own spokes in the shop so you would do well to find somwhere similar close to you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:42 pm

Mauser wrote:Would be interested in a rear re-spoke price with stock rim/hub.....can never seem to get the stock spokes clean enough....and they tarnish within minutes lol Bananatool
Nice wheels by the way razz

You are best ringing him for a price but my guess is about £100 for stainless spokes and the strip and rebuild. Obviously carridge would be extra but the thing is the shop is close to the centre of Chester. If you could arrange it with him I bet you could drop the wheel off, go for some shopping or sight seeing and pick it up later in the day.

It won't look as good after I have put the tyre on there will be a few battle scars for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down