Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, I've come over to the dark side

Go down

Well, I've come over to the dark side Empty Well, I've come over to the dark side

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:16 am

Picked up an 05 last week, and have been going through the forum trying to get up to speed. Other that a couple of TL 125s over the years (5 horsepower of fury!) for S&Gs, I've always ridden 2Ts. It was a bit serendipitous. Neighbour asked me if I'd be interested in a work associate's girlfriend's deceased husband's old bike/parts. A Honda, and red. He got some pics emailed to him and I saw it was an R. My long time riding buddy/partner in crime picked up an L last year, so I figured I'd give the 4T thing a shot. The bike is.......different. The graphics are OTT, the cockpit is a mess of wires, and he had some odd choices in accessories. It would have been interesting to talk to the owner. The parts he had stockpiled bordered on ridiculous. From the wife's description, he was a character. He was probably a member here. Most of the (extensive) mods done to it are de rigeur here. Anyway go easy on me if I ask any dumb questions. I've been riding Euro 2Ts since I can remember (TWO throttle cables? What kind of sorcery is this?) Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Well, I've come over to the dark side Empty Re: Well, I've come over to the dark side

Post  Mauser Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:58 am

Welcome good news is you can buy most stock parts and return the beast to its former glory Bananatool I'm not a fan of muddied bikes and mines pretty much stock...not 100% but pretty close...
Well, I've come over to the dark side Xr
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Well, I've come over to the dark side Empty Re: Well, I've come over to the dark side

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:31 am

Mauser wrote:good news is you can buy most stock parts and return the beast to its former glory

I'm still sorting through the parts I got. My buddy called and said he found the stock stator under the seat of his car the other day. We were jamming parts everywhere inside it to make one trip.

Well, I've come over to the dark side IMG_0641_zpsil31yrhk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:51 am

interesting section of spares....will be interesting to see the bike...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Well now, be glad you got it.
2T's are a scream but this 650R 4T is a hoot, loadsa puns intended.
2 throttle cables is good to have, for 1 is there to shut the throttle if it may be stuck open - ahem, horses for course's bru Bump
Sort out all accessory shit, minimize the electrics to what you want only, and get this oinker on some dirtroads.... you'll love it, it has got grunt as well as a decent top.
And welcome here, know that stupid questions don't exist BRP smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down