Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found a new spot for my front turn signals

Go down

Found a new spot for my front turn signals Empty Found a new spot for my front turn signals

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:49 pm

Found a new spot for my front turn signals DSCN3825

Found a new spot for my front turn signals DSCN3824
I had them mounted into the side of the headlight fairing. But I updated to the 8" BD race light and LED signals last year and have been looking for a new signal home since.

Looked at several spots like a bracket off the pinch bolts, front fender right in front of forks, and so forth. Ended up finding a Stainless bracket (on eBay - who knew?) that mounted nicely off the side bolt of the BD 8" race light.

While there I replaced the Standard bolt from BD with a stainless Metric Allen head bolt and a larger washer.

Last edited by Focker on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add photos)

Back to top Go down

Found a new spot for my front turn signals Empty Re: Found a new spot for my front turn signals

Post  Focker Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 am

Interested in seeing pix when you get the bracket mounted. Any shots of the previous mounting?

Here's mine...
Found a new spot for my front turn signals Picture006zv2
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Found a new spot for my front turn signals Empty I guess I need to find a place to host pictures ...

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:00 am

before I can push them up here. arg

Back to top Go down

Found a new spot for my front turn signals Empty Re: Found a new spot for my front turn signals

Post  Focker Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:02 am

PM Sent.
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Found a new spot for my front turn signals Empty Got it!

Post  Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Focker wrote:PM Sent.
Thanks for the help! I tried the place recommended. But had trouble figuring it all out. I could only get them to accept one photo. I'm so technical!!!

So I asked a programming friend and he said Photobucket was idiot friendly. Not sure what that meant but I figured it all out right away ...

Thanks Focker!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:17 am

Nice set-up. I think that once you turn on that light on though....I just dont think anyone will actually see them.

Back to top Go down

Found a new spot for my front turn signals Empty Ed Zachary

Post  Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:35 am

I never ride the bike on the street except when it's to get somewhere I can't do any other way. If the blinkers are a problem I can flip the bracket. When I moved up to Sonoma from San Diego I quickly realized I needed a street legal bike to do most of the riding up here. So I'm just doing what I have to in order to get by. The riders I've met here so far don't trailer their bikes anywhere. They ride to wherever they are riding and then ride there and then ride home. And the few rides I've been on so far don't really seem to suit my BRP. So I am getting a street plate for my KDX200 (I found a plated KDX just like mine for $300, plus $200 to bring the registration up to date) and will ride it on most of the forest rides I go on around here unless they are very long between gas - I think it will go a little over 100 miles. I've got a LOT of work done to my BRP through Precision Concepts before Eric Siraton left and I think I'm going to leave it jetted for 5000'+ and just use it in the high deserts of Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Utah, and so forth. The KDX costs nothing to maintain, I've had it forever, a close friend who was a Kawasaki Supercross mechanic went all through it several years ago, and it really barks.

I'm hoping the light works really well at night. The riding at night in the desert under a full moon is something I really like.

I'm going to go halves with a friend in Kansas on a community BR pig for when he rides out here so I'm trying to figure some of this out in a way that makes things harder to break. He (not me) does miles of wheelies at 75. Clean unabused plated BRPs are really getting cheap in Nor Cal.

doug@dsa wrote:Nice set-up. I think that once you turn on that light on though....I just don't think anyone will actually see them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down