Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gotta sell her (or not?)

Go down

Gotta sell her (or not?) Empty Gotta sell her (or not?)

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:41 pm

Hey guys,

I'm after some advice.  I am moving from Liberia to Kenya later in the year (Coronavirus allowing!).  unfortuanlty I can not impor the bike into Kenya as it is over 8 years old.  There is a very limited market here in Liberia and so I am researching the possiblity of shipping it to the UK to sell there.  It is a 2006 General export model from Dubai that I bought in Uganda shipped to Liberia.
Heres the advert I made to advertise it to show the condition and mods:

Advert

So my questions are:
What do you think I might get for it in the UK?
Any idea of importation costs?
Any idea of registration costs?
Any idea of paperwork needed for the registration of a foriegn bike?

Shipping cost I can get easily enough.  Also any other advice... just brainstorming at this stage.

Cheers,
Mark

Back to top Go down

Gotta sell her (or not?) Empty Re: Gotta sell her (or not?)

Post  Mauser Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:37 pm

Hi Mark bikes need to be registered on our NOVA system, and a fee paid. I don't know the fee's but wouldn't think they are too high ?, not sure if the bike will be subject to VAT.
Prices over here are high I would say an average bike in £3000 plus at the moment, SuperMoto format higher....£4000 ?.
Just a thought can you dismantle the bike and ship it in pieces ?, I know someone who did this with my friends R1 ?..... Bananatool not many parts on the XR.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:16 am

Mark,

take the bike with under a Carnet!
When that expires ride it to the border, cross it, turn around and get a new one!
Don't sell the poor piggy, you WILL regret it!!!
Bump

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Thanks for the replies.  Will look into the import and registration process into the UK.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like Kenya do the Carnet thing!  
https://www.atacarnet.com/carnet-countries

To be honest I am kind of ready for change as I would like to have a bike I can take the kids on the back of and now they are getting bigger (7, 13 & 14) that just doesnt work on the BRP!!!  Of course in the perfect world I would keep the BRP for me to do solo rides and have another for rides with pax....unfortunately finances won't allow that!  Bikes are quite expensive Kenya so I do need to get as much as I can for this.

Of course it will be a very sad day when I have to say good bye!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down