Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swapping springs front and rear.....

Go down

Swapping springs front and rear..... Empty Swapping springs front and rear.....

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:11 pm

I've been checking the literature and postings everywhere and have come to the conclusion to swap my stock springs for .47kg front and 11.0kg rear. I'm about 230lbs.

Is there any special consideration for fork oil I should be aware of? Should I just swap the springs up front and leave the oil alone?

I'm not doing any additional valving etc. at this time maybe later.

thanks,
kjazz

Back to top Go down

Swapping springs front and rear..... Empty Re: Swapping springs front and rear.....

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:10 pm

bump. Really?? No one??

Back to top Go down

Swapping springs front and rear..... Empty Re: Swapping springs front and rear.....

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:34 pm

Those are the springs that came on my bike.

I just got 12 on the back and .49 in the front, and I am 300lbs and ride like a pussy.

The current springs actually feel fine, I never have bottomed the bike, but keep in mind I have never jumped the pig, but have gone over some prtty big stutter bumps and whoops.

I think those springs might be on the stiff side for your skinny ass, but hey what the **** do I know? BRP smile scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:49 am

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:18 pm

I weight 240 + all my gear & run the Acerbis Sahara tank. NOST re-did my suspension with a .49 front & a 11.5 rear. It came out so well I have never turned an adjustment screw since they did it. I have people on lighter bikes that have riden behind me ask about the suspension commenting on how well the bike tracks through the gnarly stuff. They only charged~300 more to rebuild mine over what the springs would've cost to buy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Two more questions regarding the fork spring swap.....

1) I understand that I need to measure distance from top of fork to oil level for setting the correct volume of oil, but.... how much will it likely take for two forks? So I dont have to go back and forth to the parts store more than once?

2) I understand the stock oil is 10 wt. I'm told with stiffer springs I might want to use a 7.5 wt. oil for a bit more supple reponse. Any comments on that idea?

Back to top Go down

Swapping springs front and rear..... Empty NOST

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:50 am

Wheres NOST?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:53 pm

PigandChain wrote:Wheres NOST?

http://www.nostsuspension.com/contactus.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down