Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Busted nutsert?

Go down

Busted nutsert? Empty Busted nutsert?

Post  Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:00 am

The bolt holding on the Right Side Number plate of the Pig just spins and doesn't back out. I'm guessing it must screw into an insert set in the subframe? I managed to work around the problem today and installed a new shock spring on the stock Showa better for my weight.

But I still cant remove that bolt holding the number plate on. Any ideas how to remove that without trashing the subframe? It's the lower front bolt, not the seat bolt.

Thanks,

Back to top Go down

Busted nutsert? Empty Would be an excellent question for the yahoo group...

Post  Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:06 am

They love this sort of thing. I don't remember an insert there. But I'd bet you're gonna have one there soon!

You have several options and some will be to weld something on the bolt head and use some sort of puller. I have have stuff break when I do that.

Let me know if you want me to post it on the Yahoo group. Or you can jsut search there too. Hodakaguy seems like a very savvy guy on machineworks...

kjazz wrote:The bolt holding on the Right Side Number plate of the Pig just spins and doesn't back out. I'm guessing it must screw into an insert set in the subframe? I managed to work around the problem today and installed a new shock spring on the stock Showa better for my weight.

But I still cant remove that bolt holding the number plate on. Any ideas how to remove that without trashing the subframe? It's the lower front bolt, not the seat bolt.

Thanks,

Back to top Go down

Busted nutsert? Empty Re: Busted nutsert?

Post  Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Thanks for the response. What's the Yahoo group url? I'll ask it there too.

Back to top Go down

Busted nutsert? Empty here ya go

Post  Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:30 pm

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/XR650R/messages

kjazz wrote:Thanks for the response. What's the Yahoo group url? I'll ask it there too.

Back to top Go down

Busted nutsert? Empty Re: Busted nutsert?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down