Am I The Only One With a GPS???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Am I The Only One With a GPS???

Post  Bump on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:27 pm

C'mon now. I asked for this section and now I need you pig wranglers to show me some love here!!! Don't make me look like a s--t head
Bump
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I The Only One With a GPS???

Post  big boar, little man on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Sorry Bump but for the moment I follow my nose or the guy in front, not too up with technology me Smile
big boar, little man
XRR Jockey

XR650R Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Ha!

Post  Bump on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:54 pm

The guy in front of me up here told me to start using a GPS and leading for a change! No kidding.

big boar, little man wrote:Sorry Bump but for the moment I follow my nose or the guy in front, not too up with technology me Smile
Bump
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  gonefirefighting on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:32 am

got one for every different kind of trip, extrex, nuvi, oregon, rhino, foretrex and currently waiting for ups to bring me my baja 550c
gonefirefighting
L Rider

XR650R Year : 01

Back to top Go down

Post  Hew on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:19 pm

I have been using the Etrex legendCX for about 2 years now. It has been extremely useful riding legal trails in the UK. Without the etrex I was struggling and destroying my oS maps when it was wet and windy(most of the time here).
I draw the days ride using the extremely useful Memory map program on 1:25000 scale OS map and upload it to the GPS. Unfortunnately the garmin will not display the memory map mapping but the track does convert over and is displayed on the less detailed garmin C.N. program. and I am generally able to follow it.
I have loaded it with the city navigator mapping so it will also route plan on tarmac roads, find petrol stations etc. It also runs all day on 2 AA batteries so is ideal for the XR and my 2 stroke.
It is probabally getting a bit dated now with better units for sale but it does exactly what I want so I'm not looking for anything else until it breaks. Very Happy
Hew
XRR Freak

XR650R Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post  dougc on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:14 pm

I'm using a Garmin 60CSx on my brp and love it although I am not an expert in its use yet. Mounted to my bars using a RAM mount and cradle. Was very helpful riding obdcr #3 last summer. Also great for "routing home" in the rare instance I get turned around.

Also have a 2610, 2730, and 2820 that I run on the FJR, usually two at a time with the third in my pickup. Even have an old Streetpilot III that still works.

dougc
dougc
L Rider

http://www.dougc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bakeray on Sun May 03, 2009 5:40 am

I have a Magellan sporttrak color. Yea I know its old, cant save or make maps from it but it saved my butt once 2 thumbs
bakeray
XRR Jockey

XR650R Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post  doug@dsa on Tue May 05, 2009 2:30 am

I have a Zumo 450 on mine. I take it off and run on my Transalp as well. Works great when doing the Pine Barrons 500 and the Shenendoah 500.
doug@dsa
XRR Jockey

http://www.dualsportarmory.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum