School

View previous topic View next topic Go down

School

Post  bakeray on Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 am

Im back in school learning Commercial Appliance and Refrigeration. Im on a federal grant to retrain me after my job was sent to Mexico. Hopfully when Im done Ill be the guy you call when the freezer, dishwasher, oven or refrigerator goes out, Or Ill be the guy your favorite reasturant calls when they have an appliance go out.

So far Im doing well but the math is killing me.

Who ever thought its never to late to go back to school never was a 44 year old man that worked long enough at a job to forget trig algebra and calculus beat head

I have passed my DC electrical tests, All 4. This week Im starting AC electrical. Later this summer Im headed into a math class to refresh some knowladge before I start electric motors, figuring loads, volt, current and amp usage in said motors in the fall. Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated
bakeray
XRR Jockey

XR650R Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Re: School

Post  Dave P on Tue May 12, 2009 8:12 am

Hey Bakeray:

I've always been of the belief that math skills are inherited, or it's a "use it or lose it" skill (kinda like using Adobe Illustrator Smile ). Good luck with that stuff. study

There's no shortage of HVAC, appliance, etc. type of work here in Tucson, if you decide to relocate and start your own business.

Keep us posted, and let us know what we can do for you.

Dave

bakeray wrote:Im back in school learning Commercial Appliance and Refrigeration. Im on a federal grant to retrain me after my job was sent to Mexico. Hopfully when Im done Ill be the guy your favorite reasturant calls when the freezer, dishwasher, oven or refrigerator goes out.

So far Im doing well but the math is killing me.

Who ever thought its never to late to go back to school never was a 44 year old man that worked long enough at a job to forget trig algebra and calculus beat head

I have passed my DC electrical tests, All 4. This week Im starting AC electrical. Later this summer Im headed into a math class to refresh some knowladge before I start electric motors, figuring loads and amp usage in said motors in the fall. Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated
Dave P
XRR Freak

XR650R Year : 2002, 2001

http://desertwildlifeservices.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bakeray on Tue May 12, 2009 8:44 am

Thanks Dave.

Its the refrigeration I have been leaning to. The local school didnt offer the HVAC-R but with some investigation I found out if I get the certs for Commercial appliance electrical license (O7D) its a hop skip and a jump to the HVAC-R license (O6A)

Been thinking or moving after my gradutation to Montana or Southwestern US
bakeray
XRR Jockey

Back to top Go down

Post  bakeray on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:37 am

I finished DC motors this week. Got a test Friday on them. I think Im ready
bakeray
XRR Jockey

Back to top Go down

Post  wickedrash on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:38 pm

That is pretty awesome. I remember being 25 years old and thinking it was too late for me to go to school. Then, ten years later, I was kicking myself for being so stupid when I was 25 because if I had gone then I would have already been in a new career. So at age 35, I finally decided to go back to school. It was the best decision I ever made. Now I have an awesome new job and I love it.
wickedrash
L Rider

XR650R Year : 1902

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top