Twin Headlamps mod...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Twin Headlamps mod...

Post  AJsgp on Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:06 pm









What a Face
avatar
AJsgp
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2008-11-20

Posts : 52
Location : Sunny Singapore
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Twins

Post  Avistar40 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:55 pm

very nice.. what kind of lights? both on,1 on, either??? post up some info. on those bad boys...
avatar
Avistar40
L Rider

Joined : 2009-07-09

Posts : 11
Location : South Carolina
XR650R Year : 00

Back to top Go down

You guys...

Post  Bump on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:16 pm

are hardcore over there. Nice going.
avatar
Bump
XRR Monger

Joined : 2009-01-28

Posts : 1144
Location : Canyon Lake, So Cal
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: Twin Headlamps mod...

Post  AJsgp on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:47 pm

\



those headlamps are from XR250Baja '96 model...


both on...but very dim with original stator...riding at night on Singapore streets is ok...but tried riding on Malaysia dark lonely highway,i see shite...
avatar
AJsgp
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2008-11-20

Posts : 52
Location : Sunny Singapore
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Doesn't make it over here

Post  Bump on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:59 pm

The "Baja" version of Honda's line doesn't make it over here. too bad... I'd really like to have a Honda Baja monkey bike. I like the Freddie Spencer model too.

Nice shop you have there!
avatar
Bump
XRR Monger

Joined : 2009-01-28

Posts : 1144
Location : Canyon Lake, So Cal
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: Twin Headlamps mod...

Post  Avistar40 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:25 pm

AJsgp wrote:\



those headlamps are from XR250Baja '96 model...


both on...but very dim with original stator...riding at night on Singapore streets is ok...but tried riding on Malaysia dark lonely highway,i see shite...
nice looking bike... really like the H/lights.. get that stator fixed and really enjoy them. Looks like some fun riding spots you have...
avatar
Avistar40
L Rider

Joined : 2009-07-09

Posts : 11
Location : South Carolina
XR650R Year : 00

Back to top Go down

Re: Twin Headlamps mod...

Post  giantpiggy on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:21 am

Nice big lights aj,you got the stator rewound?,are the xr models that go to asia the same as the oz model 650rs?.....heres a photo of my xr with twin headlights off a ktm,got a 500 watt stator so it powers them up ok

giantpiggy
L Rider

Joined : 2009-07-06

Posts : 40
Location : australia
XR650R Year : 00 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Twin Headlamps mod...

Post  AURORA on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 pm

giantpiggy wrote:Nice big lights aj,you got the stator rewound?,are the xr models that go to asia the same as the oz model 650rs?.....heres a photo of my xr with twin headlights off a ktm,got a 500 watt stator so it powers them up ok
Tell us about the 500 watt stator modification! study
avatar
AURORA
XRR Freak

Joined : 2008-12-09

Posts : 689
Location : PHOENIX
XR650R Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

All on that aftermarket stator I think

Post  Bump on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Electrosport or someone makes a stator with extra poles. I have one. I learned about it from a guy on here from OZ who posted about it. Then some months later one popped up on eBay from Canada cheap. He'd purchased it in OZ too.

Sometime after I got it I posted it to the Yahoo group. Following is Boydnar's response-he's a very sharp guy it seems to me on mechanical stuff, never met him though:
OK. When I saw the Ebay ad I knew immediately that what you just bought is a used and stipped-down esg440 stator from Electrosport (at least the core is identical).

http://www.electrosport.com/products/product-detail-443.php

I also posted the pic that's in the ad in the "Stators" folder on the "Files" page. Look for "Electrosport."

It's advertised to work on the 650R and the XR400R. According to what I've seen on the 'net, the XR600R should use the same stator. I think. But they don't bill it as fitting the 600R, so there's probably some compatability issue. Like to know what.

Looking at the pic you'll notice that at least two of the windings are hard-grounded, whereas the stock stator has a floating ground. Also, Electrosport configures it with three separate sets of coils, 100Wx2 + 50W. Really, that's the only smart way to get that much power out of these simple, permanent-magnet alternators. If you try to wind all 15 poles by using one wire for a single output, the resistance would be too high and you'd lose a lot of power to waste heat -- unless you're willing to wind it with 14ga. wire, which just won't work on those tight poles. I wound my stock 10-pole stator with 16ga. wire and I DON'T recommend it. The 18ga. wire you got with the core is the hot ticket to amperage bliss.

Electrosport uses a one rectum-fryer/regulator per output, which means three regulators. The two 100W outputs are for running two separate headlights and the 50W is for charging the battery. It's a good system. A good way of doing it.

And I'll believe 350 watts when I see 25 amps on the ammeter. Not likely.

I gotta hit the sack.

---Boydnar
avatar
Bump
XRR Monger

Joined : 2009-01-28

Posts : 1144
Location : Canyon Lake, So Cal
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: Twin Headlamps mod...

Post  AJsgp on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:39 pm













giantpiggy wrote:Nice big lights aj,you got the stator rewound?,are the xr models that go to asia the same as the oz model 650rs?.....heres a photo of my xr with twin headlights off a ktm,got a 500 watt stator so it powers them up ok
Hey mate...well...i believed they are the same...the euro specs version...with those squarish signals,big original square headlamp,rear extended subframe....and about how much watt the stator gives,i am clueless at this point.

Do you think that the size of the lamp matters?eerr...well...mine is err...bigger than yours....

I've used quite a number of head costumes for the XRR...let's do some history lesson on my XRR...

From past...to presant....I think the best headlamp that gives the best shines is the PIAA headlamp...picture no 3...
avatar
AJsgp
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2008-11-20

Posts : 52
Location : Sunny Singapore
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: Twin Headlamps mod...

Post  AJsgp on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Bump wrote:Looking at the pic you'll notice that at least two of the windings are hard-grounded, whereas the stock stator has a floating ground. Also, Electrosport configures it with three separate sets of coils, 100Wx2 + 50W. Really, that's the only smart way to get that much power out of these simple, permanent-magnet alternators. If you try to wind all 15 poles by using one wire for a single output, the resistance would be too high and you'd lose a lot of power to waste heat -- unless you're willing to wind it with 14ga. wire, which just won't work on those tight poles. I wound my stock 10-pole stator with 16ga. wire and I DON'T recommend it. The 18ga. wire you got with the core is the hot ticket to amperage bliss.---Boydnar
One of the reason why I am alittle sceptical over re-wiring the stator....
Bump wrote:Electrosport uses a one rectum-fryer/regulator per output, which means three regulators. The two 100W outputs are for running two separate headlights and the 50W is for charging the battery. It's a good system. A good way of doing it.

And I'll believe 350 watts when I see 25 amps on the ammeter. Not likely.

I gotta hit the sack.---Boydnar
So,the best bet is the Electrosport stator you reckon eh?
Hmm....Maybe I will try and do some calculation with the shipping cost and ask a favour from a friend to order it next month perhaps...thanks buddy...

cheers.
avatar
AJsgp
XRR Jockey

Joined : 2008-11-20

Posts : 52
Location : Sunny Singapore
XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Re: Twin Headlamps mod...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum