Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G/F's Nephew

Go down

G/F's Nephew Empty G/F's Nephew

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:08 am

Now before I start a rant Ill say I am speaking from experiance... My Uncle was killed by a Drunk Driver, himself. He drove into a semi truck in 1982. He and his 1965 Nova didnt survive. Yes I drink but never drive afterword. Drink and Drive, it will kill you, period. There is no excuse for it in my book.

Found out today my G/F's nephew is now in trouble. In the news story he is the guy who fled.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_090409WAB-i5-crash-LJ.14869bb77.html

Back to top Go down

G/F's Nephew Empty Re: G/F's Nephew

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:09 pm

My mother was hit head on by a drunk driver in TN. She was sitting at a light, in fact a few cars back. The guy never slowed as he took the corner at full speed (about 80mph) and somehow went in between the two cars in front of my mother and then hitting her head on. She had minor injuries, and it took years to get money for the lose in value on her new full size truck, she had to buy another one to show what it cost her, and then the trade in due to the wreck (the lose)...no one wants a totally smashed vehicle even after it is repaired...she lost about $10K due to the wreck on it. Like I said it took many years, the guy did not really even get into much trouble...spent a few hours in jail. He was drunk due to his wife leaving him, guy had money too...but I guess that did not play apart of anything. After years, the guys insurance carrier settled...she never mentioned how much other then it was no where close to what she should of got...but she was tired of the whole ordeal, and having to keep all these medical records and what not.

I'm pretty much against any drinking and driving, and riding...oh man I look down on those that even have one beer and then ride. There is no reason for it. For one it is cheaper to drink at home, so not sure why people go out and get liquored up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:32 am

BR:

Sorry to hear that! Dude is in a world of trouble, for sure.

The peanut gallery is speculating a stolen car and gang activity, as well. Crazy chit....

Hopefully he learns a lot from this experience. Many do not.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:22 am

The update is...

He is charged with felony hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident and vehicular assult. (need spell check cause that doesnt look right) They didnt charge him with DWI because he wasnt intoxicated to the point of a charge when they found him, 4 hours later. He is looking at about 5 years for being stupid.

He is being held on $20,000 bail. He wanted bail but his mom told him, Sorry son, its tough love time, your on your own for this time.

The guy that was in the car with him is now out of the hospital, will recover and home now.

In this case I dont wanna be 20 again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:19 am

That dude left in the car got me to wondering a bit. As crazy as I was, back in the day, I could never leave someone behind like that. But, then again, he might have had a true scumbag next to him.

I hope you do not have to become overly involved in this case. You will to some degree, but hopefully not much. Smile

Ex-Terror of the Streets Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:44 am

Noooo Im not getting involved. When I was groing up you didnt leave your friends to die.

Back to top Go down

G/F's Nephew Empty #1 killer of kids

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:31 am

alcohol and cars

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:31 am

Bump wrote:alcohol and cars

The 2 seem to mix with some.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content